By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I don't really feel like getting caught in this thread...

My opinion is that LBP looks like a much bigger game with more effort (and money) put into it, and it's one of the reasons I'd even think about getting a PS3. This Blocks game looks fun too...it's just a different game though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Oh I agree Ben, LBP is far and away the better of the two. And there is far more effort being put into LBP than is being put into Blocks imo, but I still think LBP is a casual game.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Yeah, I'm not going to disagree that LBP has much more work put into it but I'm also going to say that what we've seen so far of Blocks is an early version that still has a long way to go.

At the moment I prefer Blocks *only* because I like puzzle games better than platformers but I couldn't see myself being entertained for more than a few hours with either one.

Im about to explode in anger, I officlially" hate" nintendo fanboys.

mM
leo-j said:

Feel free to make your argument, I just don't see what aspect of the game is all that hardcore.  If you feel it is, then you should at least have a few points you can raise to back your opinion.  You shouldn't feel like you have to insult people to get them to listen but you should also be able to rationalize your opinions for others if you are going to disagree with them.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
leo-j said:

I don't understand this kid...first he loved the PS3, then he hated it and loved the Wii...now he apparently hates the Wii again...I'm confused.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Sqrl said:
leo-j said:

Feel free to make your argument, I just don't see what aspect of the game is all that hardcore.  If you feel it is, then you should at least have a few points you can raise to back your opinion.  You shouldn't feel like you have to insult people to get them to listen but you should also be able to rationalize your opinions for others if you are going to disagree with them.

Let me start of by saying not much of any people are even talking about block, and are saying LBP is a casual game.( its as hardcore as mario to my opinion)

@Ben Kenobi

I never hated the wii, I dont understand you either, you say it as if the wii fanboys are the wii itself. Fanboys have nothing to do with any system, I just said I hated nintendo fanboys, I never said I hated nintendo or there console.

mM
leo-j said:
Sqrl said:
leo-j said:

Feel free to make your argument, I just don't see what aspect of the game is all that hardcore. If you feel it is, then you should at least have a few points you can raise to back your opinion. You shouldn't feel like you have to insult people to get them to listen but you should also be able to rationalize your opinions for others if you are going to disagree with them.

Let me start of by saying not much of any people are even talking about block, and are saying LBP is a casual game.( its as hardcore as mario to my opinion)

But LBP is a casual game (whatever that may be) just as Blocks is (which is my main point-- I really don't care that they are a lot alike).

You have to agree that both games are essentially about the following three things are fun: creating, moving (physics), and sharing. It doesn't matter that one is a platformer and the other is a puzzler; that only shows the different approaches the developers took to a similar problem. So now that we agree that the important parts are the same, why is Blocks casual and LBP hardcore? Why do people take such offense when you call LBP a casual game? That's what I'm curious about.

@ Ben

Actually Leo-J kinda likes the Wii, but he swings every once in a while...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

twesterm said:
leo-j said:
Sqrl said:
leo-j said:

Feel free to make your argument, I just don't see what aspect of the game is all that hardcore. If you feel it is, then you should at least have a few points you can raise to back your opinion. You shouldn't feel like you have to insult people to get them to listen but you should also be able to rationalize your opinions for others if you are going to disagree with them.

But LBP is a casual game (whatever that may be) just as Blocks is (which is my main point-- I really don't care that they are a lot alike).

You have to agree that both games are essentially about the following three things are fun: creating, moving (physics), and sharing. It doesn't matter that one is a platformer and the other is a puzzlerl; that shows the different approaches the developers took. So now that we agree that the important parts are the same, why is Blocks casual and LBP hardcore? Why do people take such offense when you call LBP a casual game?  That's what I'm curious about.

Because the hardcore are interested in the game, not the casual gamers, they think its a little kid game(How do I know? Im in high school and I showed some friends LBP and they said it was g@y) So casuals are not interested in LBP as much as the hardcore are.

mM