By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Soriku said:
It's not hardcore. Get over it. Your "hardcore" system got a casual game, don't cover it up.

No shiet i it is the console with the most diversy line up of games, SINGSTAR and PS eye yes casual.

But how the hell is spending hours designing levels "casual"

Around the Network

LBP is a puzzle platformer

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

@ twesterm

Seriously...  just leave it... it's defilement

libellule said:
1/ they are the same game ??? wow
Nintendo is copying sony
omg
at least, they will have something to play waiting Wiisport2

Not going to bother with the actual argument of this thread as I think there's no basis for it. But c'mon, it's an EA game. It seems every post you've made today I've had to shake my head at because you either say something wrong or I haven't a clue what you're saying. This time you managed to get both of those characteristics to your post.

My only hope for this is that Spielberg is involved but why is he involved in a game like this?

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Little Big Planet looks a million times better than blocks. Also, did the same people make LBP and LocoRoco? They look similar to me

Around the Network
libellule said:
Nintendo is copying sony
omg

/sarcasm

As stated about, they have the same x is fun statements just executed slightly differently. 

2/ more serioulsy,
Western, before creating a such thread go see some LBP video
How can u create u such thread if u dont even know urself WHAT is LBP ?
`"""" -=insert gameplay here=-"""" lol
globally LBP is a plateform game where u can build urself ur level
we still dont know exactly what we have to do in the level :
kill enemy ?
finish it quickly ? before the other team ? (I believe I get the point here)
reach a special part ?

Once again, as stated about the hooks for these games are the physics objects and creating the levels.  In the case of LBP knowing that it's a platformer is just a red herring.  Also, remember this thread was asking the question why do people assume these games are so different?

3/ visually the game are quite different and even if both game share non-realistic graphism cartoon graphism, one (LBP) is pretty, one is quite "basic"

The art styles are quite different but just because someone is basic don't automatically assume it's bad.  Super Paper Mario has one of the most basic art themes of any recent games yet it's also one of the best looking games recently released.

4/ identity: in LBP u play a doll with clothes, in Blocks u are nothing (it is a puzzle game)

I'll give you that, but you're still playing with physics objects and using those to complete your objective.

5/ if u want to compare ur game with something try a puzzle game, not a plateform game

I'll try that, thanks.  At the moment though, I'm much more interested in the physics, building, and sharing.  Both of these games are based just on that.

6/ """"That doesn't seem like something to me that will have the masses anticipating the release of this game, but with Spielberg's name, EA backing it, and a wide variety of hooks the game will more than likely do well."""""

==> because Spielberg makes games now ?
because EA is good making games now ?

People will Spielberg's name and they will automatically recognize it and probably buy it based just on that.  Brand names and other recognizable names do wonders for sales.  Just look at games back in the NES days with things like Back to the Future.

As for EA, they have made plenty of impressive games, you're just simply thinking of their sports game. 

Hus said:
Soriku said:
It's not hardcore. Get over it. Your "hardcore" system got a casual game, don't cover it up.

No shiet i it is the console with the most diversy line up of games, SINGSTAR and PS eye yes casual.

But how the hell is spending hours designing levels "casual"

You project way to much =P

LBP is a casual game because you don't have to spend hours making levels to get the intended effect. All the videos have shown quick creations and levels built on the fly that look fun, so I am not sure why you would think it requires hours of gameplay to get full benefit. But aside from that you can import levels and get new ideas or you and a friend can go back and forth adding pieces to a design. And whenever you want to stop and do something else you can just save and come back later.

So yes casuals will be very into this game and I think the "hardcore" crowd will probably get tired of it rather quickly. I suspect most of the "hardcore" will play it for 4 or 5 hours the first couple of times and then just occasionally pick it up to play it when they get an itching to play it. Much like a....huh...casual gamer!

I see LBP as a very casual game that I probably wouldn't play very often without a friend over. But with friends it will really truly shine.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Not going to bother with the actual argument of this thread as I think there's no basis for it. But c'mon, it's an EA game. It seems every post you've made today I've had to shake my head at because you either say something wrong or I haven't a clue what you're saying. This time you managed to get both of those characteristics to your post.

@Ceres,
===> thx u for ur comments
I agree I should have saied "Wii" and not "nintendo"
but, on which console is coming Blocks ? which one ?
OK, thx for the answer
Even if it is not a nintendo game, it seems that this is a Wii exclusive game
EVEN MORE, they are not the same game AND I put "sarcasm" just showing my first point should not be taken seriously

About my posts in general, just tell me what is wrong on them or tell nothing about them.

Time to Work !

twesterm said:
libellule said:
Nintendo is copying sony
omg

/sarcasm

As stated about, they have the same x is fun statements just executed slightly differently. 

=========> u dont know the game, how can sya something like this ?

2/ more serioulsy,
Western, before creating a such thread go see some LBP video
How can u create u such thread if u dont even know urself WHAT is LBP ?
`"""" -=insert gameplay here=-"""" lol
globally LBP is a plateform game where u can build urself ur level
we still dont know exactly what we have to do in the level :
kill enemy ?
finish it quickly ? before the other team ? (I believe I get the point here)
reach a special part ?

Once again, as stated about the hooks for these games are the physics objects and creating the levels.  In the case of LBP knowing that it's a platformer is just a red herring.  Also, remember this thread was asking the question why do people assume these games are so different?

==> they dont create the same way

Blocks : u crate using block, it is just a puzzle game

LBP : u create using a lot of more different things that just some "blocks"

Blocks should be compared to ECOCHROME, not LBP

3/ visually the game are quite different and even if both game share non-realistic graphism cartoon graphism, one (LBP) is pretty, one is quite "basic"

The art styles are quite different but just because someone is basic don't automatically assume it's bad.  Super Paper Mario has one of the most basic art themes of any recent games yet it's also one of the best looking games recently released.

==> artistic style it is quite subjective so I think we will go nowhere

BUT, LBP is more detailed and possess better texture than Blocks

Blocks look like a PS2/Xbox/GC game ... since it is a puzzle game it is not a big issue ...

4/ identity: in LBP u play a doll with clothes, in Blocks u are nothing (it is a puzzle game)

I'll give you that, but you're still playing with physics objects and using those to complete your objective.

==> I give u that too 

but look : objects are not the same and ur objectives are not the same

at which moment do we reach the threshold that make 2 games different games ?

5/ if u want to compare ur game with something try a puzzle game, not a plateform game

I'll try that, thanks.  At the moment though, I'm much more interested in the physics, building, and sharing.  Both of these games are based just on that.

==> In LBP u will have to collect ur item to make ur objects

it is something deeper than a "Domino" game

In other hand, there will be some restriction about ur item available depending of what ur are able to collect in the different levels u visit. Better u are, better objects u will collect, better lvl u will design

6/ """"That doesn't seem like something to me that will have the masses anticipating the release of this game, but with Spielberg's name, EA backing it, and a wide variety of hooks the game will more than likely do well."""""

==> because Spielberg makes games now ?
because EA is good making games now ?

People will Spielberg's name and they will automatically recognize it and probably buy it based just on that.  Brand names and other recognizable names do wonders for sales.  Just look at games back in the NES days with things like Back to the Future.

==> I thought u wre talking about the games itself : good game or bad game

but in fact, u were talking about sales ?

About sales, Speilberg is not a movie name, it is just a director name AND we dont know if it will be written on the game box itself. If it is not the case, the mass market wil just never know Spielberg is, somewhere, behind.

u cannot compare "E.T." impact on sales with just "Spielberg"

As for EA, they have made plenty of impressive games, you're just simply thinking of their sports game. 

==> yes, they edited a lot of good game like populous/powermongerbut this was the old time. If they are so big now it is just because sport games and movie based games, it is not because their intern original/non-sportive creation. And, now, they need money to resist Activision ==> Wii games

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Not going to bother with the actual argument of this thread as I think there's no basis for it. 

you keep saying that butyou're so adamant about posting in it.  There is plenty reason for this thread to exist.  The idea started in another thread when I mentioned LBP and Blocks in the same paragraph, more than once person said OMG no wai!, I said something along the lines of yuhuh wai!, and then the thread got locked for other reasons.  This is simply continuing the conversation hopefully without the flames.