By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ohh Yeah Killzone 2 Demo Is Up!!!

TheGuardianFID said:

I'M TELLING YOU MAN EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME IS INSANE LOL. THE AI IS CRAZY AWESOME, I MEAN WOW!!!

The AI and their animations make believe that i am watching a CGI movie. They run, take cover, firing guns from any angle...even from their back of the head....i mean lol just lol. The animations are insane. I am amazed

Around the Network

Wow thread still going.

I just posted this in the Official KZ2 Thread:

Wow. That was an awesome demo. Really short, though. Like 10 minutes.

I thought there were meant to be two levels and a tutorial!

Anyway, the beginning seemed a little abrupt, I'm guessing it wasn't the real beginning of the game, so forget that.

The controls took some time to get used to, but after a while, I was headshotting Helghast left and right. The shooting felt brilliant. Although I admit I cheated a little. Alternate 2 with hold zoom on. And yet still VERY different from CoD4.

The graphics...mindblowing. It, frankly, makes MGS4 (in and only in the graphics department) look subpar. I've played Gears 2 and anybody saying Gears has better graphics is either basing KZ2 graphics off screenshots (they don't do it justice) or lying. Next to Crysis, the best graphics I have EVER seen in a game.

The AI was remarkable as well. I went into cover, and he chucked a grenade at me, and rushed to cover himself! It's so simple, yet I've never seen any other enemy do that! Sure, they throw grenades at you, but with no real rhyme or reason. This was different.

The Helghast are nice and easy to see (and shoot) with their orange eyes. L2 to snap to a wall, peek up, and either iron sight shoot or just fire and kill the damned things. So satisfying...

I played the RE5 demo after this. It felt crap after KZ2. Maybe I should try it again without the awesomeness of that demo fresh in my mind.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

the demo is pure AWESOMENESS! graphics, gameplay everything is perfect. All though i didn't play very well. Im gonna play this until the 27th

Initiating social expirement #928719281

psrock said:
this game is no joke, the AI is the smartest i have ever seen. they had better cover than me.

This. I was like wot. They ran around me and cover fired for eachother. One or two guy would fire at me from the front, keeping my attention on them, while others would run around and flank me from the back XD i couldn't turn  my back to anyone for even a few secs.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

@staude

something worries me with that though.This is the beginning of the first level in the game on medium difficulty setting.the enemies are already too smart

I am afraid that the game might become unforgivable towards the end of the game.

but I guess smart enemies are better than brain dead ones.

So yeah now that I'm a little less annoyed I'll post my experience.

The ups:

Graphics are the best for a console FPS

Death animations are cool

The AI is very creative, on the normal difficulty that the demo is on the AI felt a little dumb but I'm guessing that's the difficulty.

The downs:

Bad button layout with only 6 presets that bugged the mess out of me, if you're going to have presets have more then 6 or do the smart thing and allow for customization, GG should know better as they were PC guys and how important customization is.

No toggle crouch (press and hold is annoying and leaves you with one less finger to use) Note: it amazes me they don't have this but have toggle zoom

No toggling cover (press and hold is annoying and leaves you with one less finger to use)

Invisible walls, I saw a path I thought I could walk to tackle the objective from another route, so it made the game seem linear, no multiple ways to take on a task.

Boxes that go halfway into the ground at times, so collision detection. Note: a pet peeve of mine lately is destroyed items just disappearing after being destroyed and all the items I destroyed in this game does that there's no pieces that break away but break of into nothing until the whole box is gone.

LOL moments:

Shot a can that burst with blood.

A single machine gun bullet threw one guy back what would be equivalent to about 5 feet in real life.

Needless to say I did a lot of tooling around in the demo trying to see where this game innovated or made FPS games on a console better and other then graphics and enemy AI, though that AI was stupid and hoping the final product will be better. After that I was just frustrated with the controls and lack of control options, the layout felt rather wonky in each preset. And from the demo I saw little innovation, the weight of the characters some people talk about is nothing new, the guns were standard fare, and the voice acting is still as LOL-tastic as KZ1 sadly... it really upsets me as I was hoping for something that can pull me away from CoD4, WaW, and Left 4 Dead that's exclusive on PS3.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I agree that it's kind of annoying at first that there is no crouch/cover toggle in singleplayer, but I was able to do it even with the alternate 2 controller configuration. Not only that, I use ironsights a lot, maybe I'm just used to using the shoulder buttons from flying in Warhawk.

Since multiplayer has no cover system, there is a crouch toggle there. We'll have to get used to not having it for singleplayer.

I played the demo and loved it (not a huge FPS fan), and I even managed to beat it without dieing, which was nice. Not to hard, not to easy, and overall good controls. Awesome graphics, but I don't like how the menus do that focus thing, drives me crazy.

I then went to the RE5 demo for the first time, and I couldn't believe that with so many zombies coming towards me that I had to go to the inventory and combine the gun with the ammo to reload. I got totally owned by the controls, not the zombies. Needless to say, I now have no interest in RE5 cause I died cause I couldn't reload my gun.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
I played the demo and loved it (not a huge FPS fan), and I even managed to beat it without dieing, which was nice. Not to hard, not to easy, and overall good controls. Awesome graphics, but I don't like how the menus do that focus thing, drives me crazy.

I then went to the RE5 demo for the first time, and I couldn't believe that with so many zombies coming towards me that I had to go to the inventory and combine the gun with the ammo to reload. I got totally owned by the controls, not the zombies. Needless to say, I now have no interest in RE5 cause I died cause I couldn't reload my gun.

Oh please, that's so Resident Evil 0-Code Veronica. . .

No, you can reload normally if you hold a button and then press X. For some reason I can't remember if it was L1 or R1, but it tells you when it displays the controls as it loads the level.