By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ohh Yeah Killzone 2 Demo Is Up!!!

they tell you that changing the tvs settings may be necessary

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:

Anybody else find it funny that when you load up the demo, it asks you to tweak the in-game brightness setting to get the helghast logo to appear? Must be a bug or something because I never saw it no matter what brightness setting I picked. I just thought it was funny that it's like "adjust the screen until the logo is visible", but then it's always just a black box.

It's like a sick joke from GG.

???  Your screen is TOO dark! You have to adjust the brightness/contrast settings of your TV, you should see the Helghast logo inside the black box but just a little, almost black but not quite. The gamma option in KZ2 tells you to adjust it until the logo is "barely" visible, not just "visible". If you can't see it at all, it means your TV brightness/contrast is set too dark. I have my screen proffesionally calibrated and I didn't have to touch the setting, it was exactly the level of brightness the option was aiming for.

Like I said, I'm going to wait till later on when I can play it on a different (better quality) TV.

@Paladin Also take note:

Go to your PS3 Display settings / RGB Full Range option, it should be set to "Limited" if you choose "Full" it will most certainly give you an unnatural constrast level (and everything will look darker). You should set it on Limited then calibrate your TV brightness/contrast accordingly. Then you could try setting the option on Full and see how that works, sometimes the option is good for some movies and games, but I wouldn't recommend it, certainly not for dark movies/games like Resident Evil or Killzone 2.

DOUBLE POST!!!

FOREVER IN DARKNESS!!!

Why is SkyNet wearing a PS3 Logo???

Around the Network
Cthulhu said:
TheGuardianFID said:

I'M TELLING YOU MAN EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME IS INSANE LOL. THE AI IS CRAZY AWESOME, I MEAN WOW!!!

The AI and their animations make believe that i am watching a CGI movie. They run, take cover, firing guns from any angle...even from their back of the head....i mean lol just lol. The animations are insane. I am amazed

Yeah dude the animations are sick, I'm about to start shooting at a Helghast that's taking cover while I'm taking cover on one of the above walkways and I'm thinking to myself "I got this," I'm about to start shooting and all of a sudden the dude starts blind firing at me I'm lke "holy crap" lol, I finally take him out,"and here's where things get really awesome, as soon as I take the dude out, I turn around and get smacked in the face by another Helghast I didn't even know was there, the dude had come from downstairs upstairs and silently flanked me while I was busy taking out his buddy, ofcourse I butted him with my gun and took him out but duuuuudddde, crazy stuff lol, I love this game WOO HOO, KILLZOWNED BABY LOL, man I'm such a dork!!!

FOREVER IN DARKNESS!!!

Why is SkyNet wearing a PS3 Logo???

TheGuardianFID said:
Cthulhu said:
TheGuardianFID said:

I'M TELLING YOU MAN EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME IS INSANE LOL. THE AI IS CRAZY AWESOME, I MEAN WOW!!!

The AI and their animations make believe that i am watching a CGI movie. They run, take cover, firing guns from any angle...even from their back of the head....i mean lol just lol. The animations are insane. I am amazed

Yeah dude the animations are sick, I'm about to start shooting at a Helghast that's taking cover while I'm taking cover on one of the above walkways and I'm thinking to myself "I got this," I'm about to start shooting and all of a sudden the dude starts blind firing at me I'm lke "holy crap" lol, I finally take him out,"and here's where things get really awesome, as soon as I take the dude out, I turn around and get smacked in the face by another Helghast I didn't even know was there, the dude had come from downstairs upstairs and silently flanked me while I was busy taking out his buddy, ofcourse I butted him with my gun and took him out but duuuuudddde, crazy stuff lol, I love this game WOO HOO, KILLZOWNED BABY LOL, man I'm such a dork!!!

yep you got killzowned alright

Anyone else enjoy the Helghast rifle much more then the ISA one, i always went looking for their rifle once i killed one.

Griffin said:
Anyone else enjoy the Helghast rifle much more then the ISA one, i always went looking for their rifle once i killed one.

i liek the feel of it a bit more but not its close up aim.

I like the sound it makes and I like the improved ironsights it has. I tried to use it in the beta, but the ironsights didn't have that X shape to help line your shots, you just had that center piece. The helghast rocket launcher's sights were fixed as well, adding that X shape which wasn't there in the beta.

Then on the flip side, the ISA rifle's dot sights have been fixed as well. The dot had this annoying habit of fading away when you were looking at smoke. Like if it were layers in photoshop, the dot layer was behind the smoke layer.