By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Konami brings Pro Evolution Soccer series to Wii

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it will be bringing its multi-million-selling Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) series to Nintendo Wii™, with a bespoke version of the game being developed for the system for release in 2008.

Scheduled for a Q1 launch, the Wii version of PES will offer the same level of realism that has established the series as the definitive football title, but has been undergone a radical rethink to make the most of the Wii’s motion-sensitive control system. The game will make full use of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, offering total control over every aspect of the players and their movements both on and off the ball. The clever use of the Wii controllers will allow users to send players running into space, and to distribute the ball with ease.

“We are extremely keen to introduce PES to as wide a selection of football fans as possible, and the Wii and its unique abilities are a perfect fit,” commented Jon Murphy, Pro Evolution Soccer Team Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “The potential for PES on the format is enormous, and we look forward to a very exciting start to 2008.”
source

Around the Network

Some third party support for the wii. maybe this was one of the promised after nintendo put snake in brawl

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

AkA, konami brings PES first time to nintendo console

im right am i?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Wasnt PES allready released ( one ) on the DS ? Anyways , I would like to see the PES serie taking the lead over FIFA ( just because I like Konami :P ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

this is the best sports third party game on the wii

Around the Network

If it will brings a new and better football experience then the original version on PS3 the nintendo will dominate europe. I doubt it will cause i don't see konami goin' all in on this title still it can workout on the wii. I think sport titles have a bright future on the wii it will all be fresh and new some wil fail some will be asome. One sprtgame in piticular I would like to see Topspin make his way to the wii.

Konami is smart after all. This game is the reason some people on Europe and Latin America play video games.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I think this will be extremely tough to pull off. I think PES is to complicated a football game to be able to work as well on the wii as it will on the 360/ps3/ps2. Unlike mario strikers charged football which is a very simplified football game (even the passing on this felt wierd) , PES is very complex and IMO wont work aswell with the wiimote. I hope I am proven wrong.

Yes, numerous friends here bought PS2 just to play PES.

Very important news, great!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)