By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Konami brings Pro Evolution Soccer series to Wii

It's releasing months after the other console versions so it won't sell, then Konami will use that as an excuse to not make any more Wii versions. ;>

Around the Network

It's not so difficult... PS2 controller has 8 buttons... Wii Remote + Nunchuk has 4 accessible buttons ( A, B, C, Z) plus the cross plus one motion with the wiimote and one with the nunchuk... i could easily make the transition...

A replaces X (passing)
B replaces [] (shooting)
down button could easily be O (sliding like in Mario Strikers Charged/ plus lob)
left or right button replaces de triangle
Z for sprinting
C for swapping players...
they L2 and R2 could be mapped to motion... or i don't know... but it could be easily achievable...

Neos said:
AkA, konami brings PES first time to nintendo console

im right am i?

Nope... PES 6 a.k.a PES 2001(?!), yes i believe its the 2001 version. Was put on the Cube to see if it sold... As a 'test' in Japan. And it didn't... Quite sadly... So this is the 2nd Nintendo console PES installement.

THE NETHERLANDS

I remember playing ISS 64 back in '99 or 2000 and loving it. It was a Konami game too, if I'm not mistaken. Is it part of the PES series?

Didn't the starting post read, that the game will use Wiis motion sentive control, so i don't think that buttons will be a problem.

I don't know what to expect from the game, i have never played PES, but i think Konami pretty much spoiled the best football game; ISS. First was awesome, and so was ISS 64, but ISS 3 was pretty much on the same level with FIFA.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Yes! YES! I LOOOVE Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer! This is a MUST for me. My only concern is that Konami might use the PS2 engine instead a custom one or the 360 one :(

This is probably the first sports game news to get my attention in a while. My little brother loved Wii Sports when I took my Wii over to my parents place for the Christmas, and he's been saying he'll get one himself if it gets the new PES.

This is how I feel. I love konami.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

^LOL!