By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You guys who have been gaming since the 3rd/4th generations (or even before them)...

...do you still have as much fun playing games as you did way back then?

Personally, I don´t....I mean, yeah I still like my current gen games, but when it comes to fun, nothing beats the 3rd and 4th gens (NES/SNES/GENESIS)...in my opinion at least...yeah, my opinion´s heavy with a mix of nostalgia and the fact gaming was a new exciting thing for me (people who started gaming in recent generations will probably feel the same way about them, and might even think 2D gaming "sucks")....anyway, that´s the way it is.

Oh well, how´s your gaming fun-o-meter nowadays?

Around the Network

I don’t know……some games can still make me go bat shite crazy with glee but most of them are simply things I have played before with pretty new colors

really, at this point, only a couple games as they come out. my life is a lot different now, especially since i'm in college, and i'm trying to focus on my future as a mangaka more than anything, so i'm always caught up in writing, drawing, reading manga or watching anime. i do have my leisure time to play games still, but not nearly as much as i used to, and again, only with a select amount of games.
i've had some amazing experiences this gen with games like mario galaxy and no more heroes, and i've casually enjoyed some games like CoD4 and WaW...

still, not as much as the old days, just because i'm occupied a lot. which is funny, considering im on vgchartz for hours in a day (mostly cause I use my computer to write.)

I only play Wii and DS and they feel fresh enough for me...

Also I am learning to develop games on my own

Well I wasn't really a 4th gen entrant as such, my first console was the Megadrive in about 1995/6... which is after the 5th gen started. I then got an N64 in about 1998.

But still, I have more fun now than I did then.

Around the Network

Nostalgia says it was more fun back then but games like Wii Sports have had that Wow it's so new and cool feeling as well so its not all bad

No game will ever be better than Battletoads & Double Dragon, the original price of persia, and SMB. It ofcourse has a lot to do with nostalgia but i haven had that much fun in any games since. LONG LIVE NES!

Basically it was more fun back then. Although some games even today give a similar feeling, namely the Wii series games and MKWii.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

My SNES was unbeatable in the "fun" aspect! But I think that this affirmation must be taken with a bit of nostalgia in consideration.

XD

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

i still like gaming very much and have, for the first time, bought all current gen consoles.

i don't crave playing as much as i used to because there's other things that keep me busy and there's no one to tell me to stop when i do play.