By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You guys who have been gaming since the 3rd/4th generations (or even before them)...

we were kids, we were easily amused, go watch some angry video game nerd videos you'll most of us played awful games for hours before giving up on them.

My problem with this gen is:

1) Devs could do a full game but the rather leave things out to sell them later as DLC
2) Games take 4+ years to develop and 10- hours to beat.
3) Dev think that if it add online multiplayer they have already added infinite replay value
4)This is the gen where i have seen more buggy games
5)Apparently to get the full scope of gaming this gen you need 3 consoles
6) A game needs to sell 1 millions + unit to be considered a success, so i game i like may never get a sequel
7) Games are way too easy

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

I went from Atari/Colecovision to PC (RPGs mainly) to Wii. Have 360 too but I not really enjoying 360 games. Too much effort into the 'wow' factor and not enough into the 'fun'. And too serious. Don't care about achievements, don't care to play with strangers, not competitive, don't care for games that require fast reflexes, just want to relax and have fun.

Wii provides that. So I'm actually enjoying games more now.

Back in the 80s and 90s games were far cheaper to make so the developers were more likely to take a risk with them witch resulted in a lot of realy bad games that the developers of today wouldnt even dream of making but fortualy it also resulted in games that were way more fun than anything you can find today.

I probably had the most fun during the N64 era. But back then I had way more time to play games anyway. :p
But that's not to say I don't hugely enjoy gaming nowadays. It's just kinda different.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I have been gaming since the original NES days and I mainly miss the old school RPGs, especially on the Super NES. However, I do still enjoy gaming quite a bit. Call of Duty 4 is still the best shooter ever made in my opinion and Fallout 3 is also an absolutely incredible game.

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network
JGarret said:

...do you still have as much fun playing games as you did way back then?

Personally, I don´t....I mean, yeah I still like my current gen games, but when it comes to fun, nothing beats the 3rd and 4th gens (NES/SNES/GENESIS)...in my opinion at least...yeah, my opinion´s heavy with a mix of nostalgia and the fact gaming was a new exciting thing for me (people who started gaming in recent generations will probably feel the same way about them, and might even think 2D gaming "sucks")....anyway, that´s the way it is.

Oh well, how´s your gaming fun-o-meter nowadays?

Been gaming since 1977.  Since then, my gaming time varies.  Sometimes, it's a couple of hours for several weeks in a row.  At one time, I didn't play a game for two years straight last gen.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

I started playing when i got a ps2...

I miss the days of platformers being pretty much every other game put out, now it's FPS which is an OK genre but not my favorite.

To me anyway the DS has been a Godsend for old school gaming, dang I was in shock when i first got it and played Sonic Rush and Contra 4. It was the 90's reborn.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Not that much. Before games used to give new experiences or at least challenge you with loads of fun. Now games are to elitist and are trying too much to be art that they became boring.

Not all of them of course.

@Gamerace

Wait a minute, last time I checked Wii games were supercompetative and depended on reflexes and I thought that two of the more noted ones (Brawl and Kart) ended friendships.

I've never played a Sega or Atari or Sony game that made me want to pick up a brick and slap my friend with it like a Nintendo game has... and that's on co-op.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D