By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Metacritic is stupid! 1up gave tenchu a B- and metacritic put it down as a 67. How the hell is a B- a 67. theres no way!

Wichdog69

Around the Network
wichdog69 said:
Metacritic is stupid! 1up gave tenchu a B- and metacritic put it down as a 67. How the hell is a B- a 67. theres no way!

Because a "C" is a 5/10.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

^ what kind of grading scale is that? b- is 80-83 using school like grades. Which is what they are emplying.

shakarak said:
^ what kind of grading scale is that? b- is 80-83 using school like grades. Which is what they are emplying.

Not really. A "C" is average by definition. And the average out of ten is a 5.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

That's great scores, i was thinking something about 70% as a score. 2009 starts really strong for the Wii. Deadly Creatures should get another rating in the 80-85%. So that's three high rated hardcore titles by February! (The third is HOTD: Overkill.)

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

any idea un a EU release date? :(

Yeah, it still doesn't seem right. 1up has a scale if they thought the game was avarage they would've given it a C, but apparantly they thought it was good thats why they gave it a B- but Metacritic converts it into a 67.......makes no sense to me.

Wichdog69

1up has always used 5/10 as average, or C. Metacritic apparently abides by that even though a lot of people hated it. I liked the scale, because right now most people only use a 6-10 scale unless the game is broken.

windbane said:

yeah, digital is what we had before analog sticks.

It is a little bit confusing isn't it?  With almost every other device, digital is newer and usually better.  Only on gaming controllers is analog considered a good thing.

I expected a lower score since the last games from the series had worse scores, knowing that IGN is completely anti-Wii it seems to be a very good score for the game.