By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Has anyone bought Tenchu 4?

Around the Network
YesWiiCan said:
Has anyone bought Tenchu 4?

Yes, bought it last night 5 min before store close. Didn't have a chance to play it yet though----> Work sucks!

When I get home and put a few hours in I will report back

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

I'll have to pick this game and No More Heroes used at some point.

What a surprise, it got an 8.0 in EVERY department.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Senlis said:
Faxanadu said:
So now that a game doesnt feature "waggle" the deduct points for "outdated digital controls"?

So they deduct for waggle AND for classic controls?

Way to be consistent.

I believe what they mean by "outdated digital controls" is that there are two speeds you can move at: slow walk and run (No in-between). The video review compared it to Resident Evil controls.

And I believe that Wii.ign.com gives games low scores because they see the potential for more. However, if the average game gets a 7, then 8 is a good score.

yeah, digital is what we had before analog sticks.

Around the Network

1Up Review B-

So the game has some significant issues, which pretty much every Tenchu has, no matter the developer. And yet once you grow accustomed to the game's quirks, you soon find yourself in a rhythm where gamer instincts overcome sloppy game mechanics. Eventually, the thrill of starting a level -- unarmed -- and slowly but surely making your way over rooftops and underwater and over rafters becomes a guilty thrill. Sure, many of the mission objectives are mere copycats of previously done "kill the evil boss" routines we've done time and time again, but the deeper you get into the Shadow Assassins experience, the more enjoyable it becomes. Fortunately Ubisoft spent the months between the Japanese and U.S. releases tweaking and finessing the game to be less frustrating and more encouraging, so players will give each level one more try. There's an immense amount of satisfaction to be found here, provided you get past the game's initial stumbling blocks. And whether you're a long-time fan of the series or merely a curious onlooker, anyone looking to get past the "casual gaming" focus that's smothering the Wii these days can do no better than to begin here.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3172614&p=44
1Up is still doing reviews???

I predicted 8.2. Dammit!

alfredofroylan said:
1Up Review B-
So the game has some significant issues, which pretty much every Tenchu has, no matter the developer. And yet once you grow accustomed to the game's quirks, you soon find yourself in a rhythm where gamer instincts overcome sloppy game mechanics. Eventually, the thrill of starting a level -- unarmed -- and slowly but surely making your way over rooftops and underwater and over rafters becomes a guilty thrill. Sure, many of the mission objectives are mere copycats of previously done "kill the evil boss" routines we've done time and time again, but the deeper you get into the Shadow Assassins experience, the more enjoyable it becomes. Fortunately Ubisoft spent the months between the Japanese and U.S. releases tweaking and finessing the game to be less frustrating and more encouraging, so players will give each level one more try. There's an immense amount of satisfaction to be found here, provided you get past the game's initial stumbling blocks. And whether you're a long-time fan of the series or merely a curious onlooker, anyone looking to get past the "casual gaming" focus that's smothering the Wii these days can do no better than to begin here.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3172614&p=44
1Up is still doing reviews???

uh, yeah, I sure hope so.   They do a great job with all of their media.

Finally got some time to give it a play. Here are some of my impressions.

-Phenomenal graphics, the character models are stunning, some of the textures are equally shocking. Sadly no 480P.

-The controls are decent- The QT events work really well, though it is irritating that aiming is done with the C-stick. What Wii specific controls they did use work quite well, including the sword fighting.

-The game itself is quite accessible without being "All-Play", I don't think fans of the other entries will be disappointed, but I do think it will invite in new people.

-The side quests are actually fun, and don't seem like a cheap way lengthen the game, they are also nice because most are 5min or less which allows a pick-up and play experience.

-The story is good so far, though I have only cleared about 20% of the game at most.

If I had to rate it I would give it something in the mid 8's. Pretty much a must buy game if you like the others or stealth adventures of any type.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

averyblund said:
Finally got some time to give it a play. Here are some of my impressions.

-Phenomenal graphics, the character models are stunning, some of the textures are equally shocking. Sadly no 480P.

-The controls are decent- The QT events work really well, though it is irritating that aiming is done with the C-stick. What Wii specific controls they did use work quite well, including the sword fighting.

-The game itself is quite accessible without being "All-Play", I don't think fans of the other entries will be disappointed, but I do think it will invite in new people.

-The side quests are actually fun, and don't seem like a cheap way lengthen the game, they are also nice because most are 5min or less which allows a pick-up and play experience.

-The story is good so far, though I have only cleared about 20% of the game at most.

If I had to rate it I would give it something in the mid 8's. Pretty much a must buy game if you like the others or stealth adventures of any type.

Thanks for those impressions. You earned yourself a high-five.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.