By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Tenchu review.

Reaaally Nice

8.0 Presentation
Slick interface, a cinematic storyline and lots of gameplay options. Level loads could definitely be shorter.
8.0 Graphics
No 480p -- just widescreen, a disappointment. But everything looks good regardless. Well-designed character models and moody environments brought to life with impressive effects.
8.0 Sound
Absolutely phenomenal soundtrack and good character acting, despite the fact that some warriors chat with jarring English accents. Only downer is that some in-game dialog repeats too much.
8.0 Gameplay
Some dated controls -- digital movement, no Wii pointer for aiming -- but the game is still a lot of fun. Thrilling stealth sequences complemented by satisfyingly gruesome assassinations.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
10 main missions will take most 10-plus hours to complete and there are dozens of easier, quicker side missions to explore beyond that. You can also go back to the main levels and up your grades.
Impressive
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Quite good I'll get this one.

Around the Network

wow good score

Rather low compared to what I expected.. why is everything a 8?!?!

Pixel Art can be fun.

wow

now i want it.

8 is a very good score, i will probably buy it.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

that is a higher score then i expected it to get... i thought it would be in the 7's

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Now all we need is a EU release date.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Damn you, I was off by .1, so close.

SmokedHostage said:

I know, right!?  Matt said it'd get higher than what we're thinking in the lastest NVC.  So I was expected an 8.5 at least.

Anywho... I preordered at Gamestop on my way home from work.  So I'll have it tomorrow.

SmokedHostage said:

cause its gr8