By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Indiana Jones Wii

>Edit - More screens added -

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings Step into the shoes of the legendary hero, Indiana Jones, in an all new epic adventure! Set in the year 1939, Indiana Jones® and the Staff of Kings™ follows the rogue archaeologist on an all-new globe-trotting quest. From San Francisco's Chinatown to the lush jungles of Panama, Indy must use his whip, fists and wits to fight through ruthless opposition as he spars with his nemesis, Magnus Völler, in a race for a relic of biblical proportions — the Staff of Moses. Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings features completely interactive environments, where players need to call upon their wits and daring to make each spring-loaded environment a weapon in order to dispense of foes in clever and unexpected ways. Also, embark upon thrilling action sequences that remain true to the spirit established in scenes such as Indy's pursuit of the motorcade in Raiders of the Lost Ark, the mine-cart scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and the free-for-all aboard the tank in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

This is not a screenshot of Cursed Mountain

Point and click environments? Z&W meets Disaster

Product Information

• Wield your Wii Remote™ like Indy’s signature whip for a variety of uses — from combat to navigation to puzzle-solving.
  • Use your highly interactive Hot Set™ environments and your wits to defeat your enemies.
  • Explore exotic locations around the globe in an all-new story that puts you on an epic quest for the Staff of Moses.
  • Apply your smarts to navigate Indy through challenging terrains with the many maneuvers Indy can do with his whip.
  • Engage in burst gunplay moments and use careful aim and the environment to take out enemies.
  • Face overwhelming odds and escape signature run-for-your-life moments, like a daring escape from a collapsing temple, by matching fast-paced onscreen gesture prompts.
  • Experience thrilling chases and control vehicles — fly a biplane in a canyon trench, take the reigns of a wild elephant through the streets of Istanbul and navigate a raft down a raging river.
  • Cooperative gameplay mode allows you and a friend to brave the challenges in a variety of game modes in an entirely new quest with a familiar character never playable before in an Indy game.
  • Unlock four-player versus mode where you and your friends go head-to-head in a real biplane combat or take on three of your friends in a free for all tank battle!
  • Whether you are brawling baddies or wielding your whip, use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ as nature intended with the intuitive gesture-based combat system.
  • Discover more than 20 artifacts and rewarding unlockables throughout the game.
  • For those old-school gamers there is nothing better than unlocking the classic Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game!
  • On the Nintendo DS, use the stylus as the whip to swing over pits, brawl with enemies and to explore the world.
  • The PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system version features six robust types of burst gameplay including combat and physics challenges, puzzles and the trademark Indiana Jones chase sequences.

LucasArts and the LucasArts logo are registered trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd. © 2009 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. & ® or ™ as indicated. All rights reserved.
Wii, Wii Remote, Nunchuk and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/indianajones/gameinfo/news/summary.html

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

So it's on Wii/DS/PSP?

I was worried for a moment thinking those screenshots above were the Wii version until I read that. Now I'm hoping they're the DS version.

@words of wisdom

they are not from the DS version.....definetely not

they are from the PSP version probably

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@words of wisdom

Agreed. Altough given the res it could really be the Wii version.

Great Wii graphics. I guess it is just the resolution of the screenshots.

/jk

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@words of wisdom

agreed

Yep.

Which will be the same as the Wii version 

DSi could do that? Wow I didn't realize it had so much vroom under the hood.

(Just tossing more ambiguity out there.)

I hope that's not the Wii version though, it would need to look at least as good as Tomb Raider. V_V Granted Aniversary looked better than Under World. (Wierd I know.)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

It looks a bit too high on to be a PSP game but a bit too low end to be a Wii game ... it must be an XBOX 360 game.

/sarc

Well considering that this use to be a full multiplat and now just on the Wii. I'm saying they decided to not compete and go slacker on the developement team. Making this a Wii exclusive with shoddy graphics to try and sell the IP and Wii popularity rather than a qaulity game. These are Wii graphics. Aren't PSP screen wider?

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Its the Wii version, click the link.

Asides from the trolling, which i agree is valid to a degree with these screenshots, the game sounds different.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.