By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter - 2009 is the year of third parties on Wii

No shit sherlock...eerrr pachter..

Good games takes about 2 years to develop and it has soon been 2 years since 3rd parties noticed the success Nintendo have with the Wii.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

His predictions tend to alternate between common sense and moronically insane ... This is one of his more common sense predictions.

The first wave of larger budget third party titles on the Wii will begin to show up in the middle of 2009 and continue to the middle of 2010. Assuming that publishers support these projects with decent marketing this should translate into decent sales (possibly at the expense of older Nintendo game sales).

I'm not sure that the barrier is publishers and their marketing budgets. I think the main barrier is retailers.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

@famusringo

Are you saying that retailers are working under the idea that if it's on Wii and not from Nintendo that it wont be a moving commodity?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

also their is arc rise fantasia,tales of ten,valhalla knights:elder saga,run factory frontier,monster hunter 3,sonic and the black knight,conduit,house of the dead:overkill,deadly creatures. thats a pretty good quality of titles for the wii from what i can see. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

dib8rman said:
@famusringo

Are you saying that retailers are working under the idea that if it's on Wii and not from Nintendo that it wont be a moving commodity?

There are exceptions, but I think that a lot of Wii games have suffered because of the pre-conceptions of retailers, yes. Consider all the stories you hear about newly released games being hard to find for weeks after the official launch date. Games with more sales in week 3 than they enjoyed in week 1.

I don't have any hard proof. Perhaps publishers are late in getting their games to some retailers. Perhaps Nintendo isn't printing enough games for these publishers. I just get the feeling that the reason why games like CoD:WaW Wii are hard to find for the first month of release and then surge in sales the second month is because retailers didn't think that the game would sell to the Wii crowd.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I only agree because I saw bengaBenga's thread. otherwise I'd go opposite of what Patcher says.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1029466

Well Pachter just ruined it.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

coolestguyever said:
I think it will be the year of 3rd party shovelware. I don't think there will ever be a year of the good 3rd party games for wii. I'm just being honest. If they couldn't make any good ones except maybe Z&W and NMH in 2 1/2 years, what should make me think they will now?

not sure how you define good games but I enjoyed de Blob and Boom Blox a lot.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
coolestguyever said:
I think it will be the year of 3rd party shovelware. I don't think there will ever be a year of the good 3rd party games for wii. I'm just being honest. If they couldn't make any good ones except maybe Z&W and NMH in 2 1/2 years, what should make me think they will now?

not sure how you define good games but I enjoyed de Blob and Boom Blox a lot.

SSX Blur is great too.

Well, I agree with him, simply because we can already see that it's the truth.

Basically, I agree with him because he agrees with Benga and Soriku.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."