By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter - 2009 is the year of third parties on Wii

“…We believe that most of the publishers we cover will manage market share gains on the Wii over the next year. We saw Nintendo capture 60 percent of Wii software sales during 2008, but note that Nintendo’s share dropped to 40 percent in December, indicating that third parties are beginning to capture market share.” - Webush Morgan analyst, Michael Pachter

Link

Around the Network

so what do you think?

That's horrible news!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

...not this guy again...

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

patcher having forgot his medicine, again, drastically changes analysis of video game industry, again.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

That 40% in December may also have something to do with the fact that Nintendo released no must have titles.. -_-'

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Damn! I really thought 3rd parties had a shot this year but if Pachter says they're going to do great then I guess 2009 will be terrible for them.

Signature goes here!

I think it will be the year of 3rd party shovelware. I don't think there will ever be a year of the good 3rd party games for wii. I'm just being honest. If they couldn't make any good ones except maybe Z&W and NMH in 2 1/2 years, what should make me think they will now?

coolestguyever said:
I think it will be the year of 3rd party shovelware. I don't think there will ever be a year of the good 3rd party games for wii. I'm just being honest. If they couldn't make any good ones except maybe Z&W and NMH in 2 1/2 years, what should make me think they will now?

You couldn't be more uninformed.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1029466

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I'd have to agree. Not only with releases but anouncements too. I mean just look at Q1-2. There's Hotd Overkill, Deadly Creatures, The conduit, little kings story, Fragile (in Japan), Boom Blox Bash Party, Tenchu, and Madworld.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.