By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 back in its proper guise..

Yes! Let's get some more into E3 again!

Around the Network

Good! This E3 will probably eclipse both last years and the year before that!!! HA!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Awesome can't wait, also a much earlier date 2nd - 6th June

I wish that is truth. E3 2006 in which PS3 and Wii debuted was the last real E3 that I remember....
Last year the only surprise was the presentation of FF13 for Xbox360 aand nothing else. I don't want anymore Wiifit or WiiMusic shows...I want the old E3 to come back.

I agree.. Especially being a Nintendo fan, the last 2 E3's have been a shadow of 2006..

This year, Microsoft have stated their intentions to 'break the bank', whether that means showing major moneyhatted exclusives, big games and perhaps new hardware (360slim?) well we'll find out.

Nintendo have stated that they intend to overtake the install base of the PS2 and that the software they will do that with will be showcased at E3. They also apologised for their last E3 which was light on big announcements

Sony need to have a big show to generate some kind of engine and hopefully get some momentum happening. They also have big games in GT5 and GoW3 to showcase as well as perhaps another PSP hardware revision and suprise announcements.

It'll be a big show.. I'm expecting Microsoft to take it with Nintendo a very close second with what i've heard from each company so far.. It's exciting! can't wait..

Around the Network

So basically they are broadcasting an invitation to the exact same people they sent personal invitations to before?

The public aren't mouth-feeders, but whatever; it's their expo.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Microsoft will announce to buy Sony and Nintendo and then it's

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!

They must of realized that E3 grew to be far more than they intended initially, and the force of the industry that drove it to be larger than their plans. This is likely true in light of the recent economic news and climate.

E3 is like Comicon for everyone involved with videogames, including fans.

If they want to have a smaller show, they will likely end up doing something different, or it is possible CES will fill the roll they intended.

On the plus side, the press conferences will have to cater more to fans of videogame systems, and not just the money men.

Good to see E3 is back. It was something to look forward to.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

This is still a farce in so far as it is still about elitism. Oh they are implying it is an open venue, but the gamers are still locked out as if they were plague victims. There are a number of events that specifically address the issues of business. This show used to be the highpoint of the year for gamers. I just do not see the problem the event organizers have with allowing the general public access.

Why lock the doors on the general public. All that does is send a negative message. Such as we are too good for you, and your beneath contempt. Hell you do not need to have the event open for the entire period just open it to the public on the final day. So they can see the games for themselves.

They are learning, but they are not there yet. They are still keeping the riffraff out, by locking the doors to heaven. Yes it may cost more to be open to the public, and yes it may be a little inconvenient. However at the end of the day gamers are the people you are serving.

They screwed up a good thing, and they paid for that. The ESA has lost a lot of backers by removing the popular venue. Bring that back and you bring more developers into the fold.