By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Tales of rumors

Soriku said:

Ha, I just found this Amano art...

Wow O_o Zidane and Amarant look pimp. Zidane looks a lot like Mello from Death Note.

Found this too...

lol Sephiroth. Sword's not big enough :P

You mean, Mello looks a lot like Zidane.......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Am I wrong in guessing that you dislike Amano as an artist?

Amano's designs haven't been used (in game) since a long time. You can see a big difference between his character design sketches and the official ones used for the game (done by Nomura). I like Amano's much more...

Thanks for that post Soriku.

That art is also terrible.

Amano did the concept art for the first six Final Fantasies, as well as Vampire Hunter D, Gatchaman (I think), and a bunch of other projects. He also came back and did redesigns and re-sketching of a lot of characters in later Final Fantasies, including everyone in FF9 (his art is often assumed to be concept art, but it isn't) and several people in 7 and 8.

He's one of my favorite contemporary artists period, not just in the realm of games.

Khuutra said:
Amano did the concept art for the first six Final Fantasies, as well as Vampire Hunter D, Gatchaman (I think), and a bunch of other projects. He also came back and did redesigns and re-sketching of a lot of characters in later Final Fantasies, including everyone in FF9 (his art is often assumed to be concept art, but it isn't) and several people in 7 and 8.

He's one of my favorite contemporary artists period, not just in the realm of games.

I guess hes a main part of why I dislike Final Fantasy art.

It gives me a kind of MGS vibe but fantasy and worse. MGS artists are also some of the best.

Around the Network

@Soriku
The character below Sora looks cool.

Notice I said most not ALL Tales art. ;) Too bad I'll never get to play it.

I surprised I have yet to write a single comment in this thread, and this might be the 20th time I clicked on it.

All of it sounds good, hopefully we will get confirmation soon.

Valkyria00 said:
Khuutra said:

I guess hes a main part of why I dislike Final Fantasy art.

It gives me a kind of MGS vibe but fantasy and worse. MGS artists are also some of the best.

Is you serious

Well I guess I can believe it, lots of people don't like Amano's art for one reason or another (though I've never heard one that satisfied me).

Anyway I'ma run before a mod shows up and cleans house.

Well I mean that image Soriku posted reminded me of MGS.

I can understand you liking it...I mean its better than Nomura imo. Its just not my style.