By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Tales of rumors

nintendo_fanboy said:
Riachu said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
Darc Requiem said:
PhalanxCO said:
I thought Bastille was French for battle, not Bataille. I'll have to ask my daughter.

Bastille actually means jail or prison, if I'm not mistaken.

Bastille was the name of the prison that was attacked during the french revolution 1789, but I think it's just a name and not actually a synonym for prison.

On topic: I take this with a grain of salt. I mean, the good Tales games were amongst the best RPG's known to mankind, so changing the formula isn't necessarly a good thing. The story bits do sound interesting, what I dislike is the thing about fighting with people for money. Might be an attempt to make the gamer more of a hack and slash and therefore more accessible. This is just me thinking pessimistic though.

It's comments like these that make big Japanese developers hesistant to take risks.

I'm all in for developers taking a risk, but I don't want my Wii to be home of another simplyfied game using a known brand to sell copies like, for example, Dragon Quest Swords.

Also, I don't think that there's a problem with the Japanese developers (except for the fact that they should finally release all decent games worldwide). The ones having a problem with taking risks are the western developers.

The Tales series doesn't need a formula change, it needs a focus on fewer, even better games that are marketed like they should.

LittleBigPlanet was a risk and I'm so sure Heavy Rain is a risk.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Soriku said:
Tales needs a formula change. They're all too similar nowadays. Something different is always nice.

Who are you and what have you done with Soriku!?

He loves anything Wii RPG related.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'm split on the rumors. There's no chance in hell that we'd get those first two games (and there really doesn't need to be another version of Destiny) but ToB sounds brilliant and a nice change of pace for Tales.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Soriku said:
Btw, they said the game's inspiration came from Medieval Europe. Well, France is in Europe. But were there any hitman? :P

Pretty likely.  Hitman, like sex, isn't a concept that just popped out thin air 100 someodd years ago.  I'm sure the concept of hiring hitman has existed for hundreds of years.

The whole hitman thing has me wondering what the rest of the party will be like. I mean, I never heard of a main character that's a hitman, so this could make for an interesting party with some really cool skits and development.

This game is going to be great.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Btw, they said the game's inspiration came from Medieval Europe. Well, France is in Europe. But were there any hitman? :P

Yes. Assassination is one of the oldest professions.

Man, a game by the name of Tales of Rumours would rock :P

Maybe the game is based on French Revolution-era France.

Yay RUMORS!!

4 ≈ One

ClaudeLv250 said:
I'm split on the rumors. There's no chance in hell that we'd get those first two games (and there really doesn't need to be another version of Destiny) but ToB sounds brilliant and a nice change of pace for Tales.

As Tales of Destiny costs around $150-200 new, I'd say we're due for another means of purchase.......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.