By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Tales of rumors

i just hope that their is still an overworld. that was a HUGE LET DOWN for me on Dawn of New World for no overworld.

Around the Network

Very cool. It's always nice to get some Tales news. I'm loving the sound of it too. =D

Even though Tales of the World 2 sold extremely well on PSP, and outsold recent mainline games across the platforms, Tales of Destiny is NOT going to sell. Why? Because people bought the original game, and two (!) remakes on PS2. Why would anyone buy it now?

this had better come to europe

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

irstupid said:
i just hope that their is still an overworld. that was a HUGE LET DOWN for me on Dawn of New World for no overworld.

That's odd, because I thought the lack of an overworld was a good thing. It was one of the first things I noticed about the game and one of the things I thought was better about it than Vesperia. Vesperia's map was just so bad that I would rather the overworld not be there at all. It was a step up from being told the wrong directions and wandering around frusteraded like I did in Vesperia.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
PhalanxCO said:
I thought Bastille was French for battle, not Bataille. I'll have to ask my daughter.

Bastille actually means jail or prison, if I'm not mistaken.

Gotcha.  that's why I was going to ask my daughter.  She's taking French (in preschool, geez).

The Wii tales sounds great, it's nice that they mixed it up and added a badass character!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

And bataille is the french for battle, though it's less and less used, and combat is the common french word for battle.

Destiny Blade said:
irstupid said:

That's odd, because I thought the lack of an overworld was a good thing. It was one of the first things I noticed about the game and one of the things I thought was better about it than Vesperia. Vesperia's map was just so bad that I would rather the overworld not be there at all. It was a step up from being told the wrong directions and wandering around frusteraded like I did in Vesperia.

Well I was totally against it.  I was so used to the World and moving around in it from the first game that it felt dumb to not be able to go where i was before and run around like i wanted.  And it felt like a major crutch.  Kind of like in fable 2 when you can push travel whenever you want (as long as been there once).  took away from the large feel or epic feel of the game cause you just are basically popping around the world.

The real question we should be asking is if the Cheagle Dungeon game involves burn down random forests.

Thinking about that rumor that Namco plans to release 6 Tales games this year across all platform, we now rumor 4.
PSP
ToRM2 (Released) ToDFVe (Rumor)
DS
Cheegle Fushigi no Dungeon
Wii
Tales of Battaille
PS3 and Xbox 360 ?????

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"