By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Tales of rumors

New Tales of Trademarks

商願2008-100028 テイルズオブフローリア [TALES OF FLOWERIA]
商願2008-100029 テイルズオブグレイシア [TALES OF GRACIA]
商願2008-100030 テイルズオブユナイティア [TALES OF UNITIA]

http://gonintendo.com/?p=71362

I'll also add this to the OP.
If these trademarks are related to Tales of Ten, it puts a big dent into these rumor.

Also, I go to sleep and wake up to find my thread has become a I hate "insert name here" designs

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Around the Network

Not a big fan of any of those names although the only one I out right dislike is Tales of Floweria. I mean really Namco?

You probably know this:

http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=76787&start=60

Maybe there still hope for Vesperia in the Europe...

Of course, it can be fake, nothing certain.

I wonder why Namco is still making Tales games, when they can't even keep their Tales games alive (Vesperia and Dawn of the New World both discontinued).

Doesn't sound like they what they're doing, at all.

Chrizum said:
I wonder why Namco is still making Tales games, when they can't even keep their Tales games alive (Vesperia and Dawn of the New World both discontinued).

Dawn of the New World was discontinued?

Shame. I never managed to pick it up. I guess I'll need to grab it used.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Chrizum said:

If it was discontinued, then the sales have been really disappointing to Namco.  Guess it's back to the drawing board for Namco on "how to make Tales popular in the West".

Khuutra said:
Chrizum said:

Well, let me rephrase that. It probably is still availlable in the US, but it isn't coming to ant of the PAL regions.

Ohhhhh. All right then, forgive me, Chrizum, I misunderstood.

I suppose I need to pick it up anyway. My girlfriend does love that Kratos Aurion and his story.

Riachu said:
Khuutra said:
Chrizum said:

If it was discontinued, then the sales have been really disappointing to Namco.  Guess it's back to the drawing board for Namco on "how to make Tales popular in the West".

Hardly, they've never bothered going to the drawing board in the first place. If you don't promote a game, then you shouldn't expect it to sell.

Darc Requiem said:
Riachu said:
Khuutra said:
Chrizum said:

Hardly, they've never bothered going to the drawing board in the first place. If you don't promote a game, then you shouldn't expect it to sell.

That's exactly why RPGs from S-E and BioWare sell in the West and RPGs from Namco and Konami don't.  Namco can be idiots when it comes to marketing.  They automatically assume that Tales will not sell no matter what just because some forum posters say so.  I keep hearing on forums that "JRPGs not called Final Fantasy will never sell" left and right like it is some kind of self-prophecy.