By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Megaton: Wii Sports is NOT the highest selling game ever! Not even close.

Two great pics Soriku..Also, just a thought, why wasn't this idea disputed when Super Mario Brothers held the crown? Its getting way past old and the goal posts being constantly moved is quite ridiculous. Just accept reality.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

Did you know Hexic HD has sold as many copies as there are xbox 360's out there? It'll pass mario soon enough also!!! Yeah!!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Arius - hate is a good thing V_V, Denial, contempt, hate, anxiety, negativity, desire and all these other things each function as a shield.

Not saying shio is falls under this, but I can think of a few that do. V_V

The only downside is that reading outcasts or legends threads or posts aren't as fun as crazzyman's, the good thing though is that I found crazzyman on n4g and I make it a habit to see what his latests posts are.

I guess crazzyman just explains things in a way that makes me lol, while others don't explain at all, they usually just toss someone elses falacy or spin in, all in an attempt to disown any relationship with the values of that specific piece of writing: I can think of a number of reasons why they do that, but one seems to stand out the most: They believe themselves to be analytical and outside of their play pen, so they convince themselves that they understand. What they understand?

XD I'm not paid enough. ^_^

This thread should of died already though, the OP had a major error so I guess this is just a +1 to my post count and -1 to whatever was on my chest.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

LoL, well said my friend, well said.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Strategyking92 said:
Did you know Hexic HD has sold as many copies as there are xbox 360's out there? It'll pass mario soon enough also!!! Yeah!!

Nope.  Not bundled with core/arcade.

I'm not a hardcore gamer.  I'm not a casual gamer.  I'm a gamer.

Around the Network

This all depends on your definition of what they are stating. Like most things in life.

Actually, The Sims is the highest selling game ever... http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/04/16/the-sims-hits-100-million-sales-biggest-pc-game-series-ever/

That's right. Two games, 100 million.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Interesting discussion.

I would love to know about this new math where 25M>41M

I think some people forget a few things here.

1. This is about console video games. If any other place says anything different, it is their error, not this site's error.

2. Bundled games count toward the crown. There have been numerous threads about this before. Super Mario Brothers (NES) was bundled -- as were almost every other top 10 title (at least to some extent).

3. Based upon the Japanese attachment rate, the game would have sold over 20M had it not been bundled -- still rather impressive.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Neos said:
hmm..no words for this silliness ..

come on shio, stop being so pathetic and admit Wii Sports is the best selling game ever.

It's not even close.

Kantor said:
Actually, The Sims is the highest selling game ever... http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/04/16/the-sims-hits-100-million-sales-biggest-pc-game-series-ever/

That's right. Two games, 100 million.

Doesn't that count all of the expansions for the first game?