By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Megaton: Wii Sports is NOT the highest selling game ever! Not even close.

Fei-Hung said:
3 points I have to make. Nintendo didn't say Wii fit is the best selling Wii or nintendo game, they spoke generally in terms of sale.
Secondly, Bejeweled has been sold over last few years on pcs, smart phones, iPhones, itouches, xboxs and now psn.
Third and last point, at such a low price, whether bundled or not, it is very much possible to sell high figures. Add the total number of of users, mac users, 360 users, iPhone users, smart phone users and itouch users. This will give you a decent idea of how many potential buyers they have.

If nintendo said Wii fit was the best selling nintendo or Wii game, they would be correct, otherwise they are wrong. I am sure other games out there have also sold well past the 10 million mark because they are cheap and accessible through several platforms.

The company confirmed that Bejeweled and Bejeweled 2, combined, have sold 25 million copies.

Around the Network

Different leagues for different game types, right?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Wait a minute isn't GTA San Andreas for PS2 the best selling game ever? Oh wait, my mistake your counting BUNDLES.

coolestguyever said:
Wait a minute isn't GTA San Andreas for PS2 the best selling game ever? Oh wait, my mistake your counting BUNDLES.

GTA should enjoy that lead while it lasts, it's going to lose to either mario kart wii or wii fit

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

coolestguyever said:

Nah - Wii Play is.

Around the Network

iFart sold hundreds of thousands of copies, should that count as a game sale? At some point you got to draw the line.

@coolestguyever

Don't forget SA was bundled with PS2's for a while also. I'm sure you were just pulling our leg's though, I'm sure you knew this. ;)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I will put this discussion to an end. All of you are wrong on both sides of the debate, because neither game is the best selling game of all time. That honor goes to a game that has graced just about every gaming platform known. Annually sells millions of copies globally, and is over twenty years old. A game which defies estimates due to its very ubiquitous nature. Though it would not be unreasonable to estimate sales of half a billion.

That game would be Tetris. Most everyone on these forums has owned a version of this game. Most members of these forums probably own a copy of this game right now. These days its preferred device is mobile phones. Oh and do not even bother to say well its not console, or different devices matter. They do not it is the same game it was over twenty years ago, and it has graced about every console that has existed since its inception.

Bottom line Tetris puts all those other games to shame.

Dodece said:
I will put this discussion to an end. All of you are wrong on both sides of the debate, because neither game is the best selling game of all time. That honor goes to a game that has graced just about every gaming platform known. Annually sells millions of copies globally, and is over twenty years old. A game which defies estimates due to its very ubiquitous nature. Though it would not be unreasonable to estimate sales of half a billion.

That game would be Tetris. Most everyone on these forums has owned a version of this game. Most members of these forums probably own a copy of this game right now. These days its preferred device is mobile phones. Oh and do not even bother to say well its not console, or different devices matter. They do not it is the same game it was over twenty years ago, and it has graced about every console that has existed since its inception.

LOL.  I forgot about Tetris.

Dodece said:

thats if you are counting all the different games in the series as one game, even if it is essentially the same thing.... hell, ive owned 3 or 4 tetris games. But they are all different versions so it doesnt really count...

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)