By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why isnt a mouse used for the ps3

frag fx

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
Soleron said:
thetonestarr said:
Soleron said:

Because then it would be a PC. It has everything else: media functions, online, hard drive, HD video playback, patches and updates, a browser, USB ports, chat, ...

So then you might as well buy a PC - it'll be a similar price but totally own the PS3 in terms of performance, and you can still play most of the games (certainly all the ones that you'd like to play with a mouse).

That's extremely backwards logic.

Not really. If the PS3 has all of the games, features and downsides of a PC, why not buy a PC that's more powerful for the same price? Consoles are only good value when they differetiate themselves from a PC via controls, not having to worry about updates/patches/bugs, and total integration between software and hardware - all of which current consoles are losing.

Yet the PS3 can also do a variety of things that PCs cannot, so again, that is extremely backwards logic.

Additionally, to prove that your logic is even more backwards, why is gaining more abilities negative? Getting another feature that PCs have would make a PS3 a better competitor against a PC, not a sillier one. Right now, a PC should be a much better buy because it can do things you're talking about... AND it has keyboard + mouse.

Adding a mouse ability to the PS3 would just give it another way in which PCs aren't superior.

And quit trolling. I don't like the PS3 myself, but I'm not going to come into the thread trolling for stupid reasons.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Soleron said:
thetonestarr said:
Soleron said:

Because then it would be a PC. It has everything else: media functions, online, hard drive, HD video playback, patches and updates, a browser, USB ports, chat, ...

So then you might as well buy a PC - it'll be a similar price but totally own the PS3 in terms of performance, and you can still play most of the games (certainly all the ones that you'd like to play with a mouse).

Not really. If the PS3 has all of the games, features and downsides of a PC, why not buy a PC that's more powerful for the same price? Consoles are only good value when they differetiate themselves from a PC via controls, not having to worry about updates/patches/bugs, and total integration between software and hardware - all of which current consoles are losing.

This, also the fact that a PC can be used for so so much more than what a PS3 can. I earn my bread using a PC which also happens to outperform the PS3 in everything else. Now you tell me, what's better in that scenario?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

thetonestarr said:
Soleron said:
thetonestarr said:
Soleron said:

Yet the PS3 can also do a variety of things that PCs cannot, so again, that is extremely backwards logic.

Additionally, to prove that your logic is even more backwards, why is gaining more abilities negative? Getting another feature that PCs have would make a PS3 a better competitor against a PC, not a sillier one. Right now, a PC should be a much better buy because it can do things you're talking about... AND it has keyboard + mouse.

Adding a mouse ability to the PS3 would just give it another way in which PCs aren't superior.

And quit trolling. I don't like the PS3 myself, but I'm not going to come into the thread trolling for stupid reasons.

Let's see what else the consoles are gaining that the PC already has:

-Rushed games

-Buggy games

-Patches

-Hardware problems (and you cant fix these by yourself)

Also name me 1 thing that a PC can't do that a PS3 can. Please, humor me.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
thetonestarr said:
Soleron said:
thetonestarr said:
Soleron said:

-Rushed games

-Buggy games

-Patches

play b3yond

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
ameratsu said:
frag fx

that's what I am currently using for shooter games - it's nice and definately feels better to me than dual-analogue aiming, but it's still not as intuitive and responsive as K&M imo

MrBubbles said:
vlad321 said:
thetonestarr said:
Soleron said:
thetonestarr said:
Soleron said:

-Rushed games

-Buggy games

-Patches

play b3yond

I'll admit that the PS3 can take more than 5 buttons of input at a time (3 KBD buttons and 2 mouse buttons and then the PC locks up).

Forgot the mention Installs as another feature that consoles now include.

A PS3 is a PC.

I think it's got to do more with what would benefit Sony as opposed to what would benefit the consumer . The PS3 is marketed as a games console/media centre and keyboard/mouse functionality in games would compromise that , a significant of % of the consumer doesn't recognise that the PS3 is simply a gimped PC and Sony would like to keep it that way.

However if there is enough demand for Keyboard/Mouse support then Sony might have to oblige . I'd hate to play against Keyboard/Mouse users online though that would suck if I used my DS3 , a standardised control scheme for everyone is better imo.

vlad321 said:

it can play PS3 exclusive games ... really

@ NinjaKido )

yea, and they should ban racing wheels and fighting sticks - totally unfair  /sarcasm