By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why isnt a mouse used for the ps3

Because using a mouse on your couch isn't convenient in any way at all.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

All you need is one of those breakfast in bed stands that you can eat off of, or a nightstand, or any of a thousand ways to make it comfortable.

You can also connect a PS3 to a monitor.

windbane said:
twesterm said:

All you need is one of those breakfast in bed stands that you can eat off of, or a nightstand, or any of a thousand ways to make it comfortable.

But then I have the really ugly stand in my living that still isn't comfortable (tried that setup once with FFXI when I tried hooking my PC to my TV).  Plus, that's just another accessory to buy and when the PS3 is touted as the console that doesn't need countless accessories...

As for connecting it to a monitor, fuck no.  I play consoles because I like sitting on my comfortable couch while watching my big TV.  I don't want to play my games on a 17" monitor huddled over in a desk chair when I could be playing on a comfy couch, 5.1 surround sound, and a 40" TV.

@Windbane: It wasn't. Atleast i didn't have to do it to a single new game i bought, only a couple of times to few old NES games.

Why should i have to wait the few minutes? Ten second loading times are already enough.

Remember the gaming computers in the 80:s? You didn't need to check specifications for them and you played them on your TV. Still NES was more successful device.
Look, i know a lot of people don't have anything against installations, but that's not what people expect from games consoles.

I do know that giving the option of playing games with KB+mouse would be giving option to people, but as someone already said, that would be a little unequal in some games online. In any case, that's not the point i'm arguing here. All three already have support for keyboard outside games, but the idea in consoles is to differentiate from PC. KB+mouse support for games would be one more step towards PC. Well, there's really no point to argue about, the numbers on the front page tell their story about what's the approach people adopt.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

twesterm said:
windbane said:
twesterm said:

But then I have the really ugly stand in my living that still isn't comfortable (tried that setup once with FFXI when I tried hooking my PC to my TV). Plus, that's just another accessory to buy and when the PS3 is touted as the console that doesn't need countless accessories...

As for connecting it to a monitor, fuck no. I play consoles because I like sitting on my comfortable couch while watching my big TV. I don't want to play my games on a 17" monitor huddled over in a desk chair when I could be playing on a comfy couch, 5.1 surround sound, and a 40" TV.

Many of us would like the option.  I have a stand to eat on already and it's not ugly, thanks.  I'll assume your room is post modern white and can't have anything upsetting the pristineness of it.

But hey, props to Epic for trying it with UT3.  I just wish that game was as popular as Gears because it did a lot with mods on console as well.

Around the Network
windbane said:
twesterm said:
windbane said:
twesterm said:

But then I have the really ugly stand in my living that still isn't comfortable (tried that setup once with FFXI when I tried hooking my PC to my TV). Plus, that's just another accessory to buy and when the PS3 is touted as the console that doesn't need countless accessories...

As for connecting it to a monitor, fuck no. I play consoles because I like sitting on my comfortable couch while watching my big TV. I don't want to play my games on a 17" monitor huddled over in a desk chair when I could be playing on a comfy couch, 5.1 surround sound, and a 40" TV.

Many of us would like the option.  I have a stand to eat on already and it's not ugly, thanks.  I'll assume your room is post modern white and can't have anything upsetting the pristineness of it.

But hey, props to Epic for trying it with UT3.  I just wish that game was as popular as Gears because it did a lot with mods on console as well.

My living room is actually some sort of cream color with aqua green accent walls and custom curtains (the wife likes to decorate).  I have no idea if it's post modern or not, I just think breakfast stands are ugly.

And my uncleaned living room just for reference (didn't feel like cleaning today, been a long last 3 weeks):

pic 1

pic 2

Anyways, as I said, those things just aren't that comfortable.  They're fine for eating a meal but just barely big enough to fit a mouse and keyboard and still move around well.  If I'm using a mouse I like to have room to move.

because the PS3 is dual analouge stick cool. Nothing can beat dual analouge. Sony is GOD!!.