By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Where the @### is ALAN WAKE?

Probably being developed.

Around the Network
wholikeswood said:
Shadowblind said:
wholikeswood said:
Shadowblind said:
mrstickball said:
Should be an announcement at E3.

Agreed. MS will make sure they 'win' E3 again, and this will all but ensure the victory.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Since when was Alan Wake a megaton that could singlehandedly dominate an expo?

Since we found out it was Remedy making it ;)

Free Radical made Haze.

See where I'm going with this?

Lord, nobody can find sarcasm anymore. Of course I don't think it can win E3 on its own. You cut out the second part of my post that half-explained it anyway. Maybe this'll help.

It cost like, $50, so enjoy the gift, I just postponed getting Resevil 5 for ya :P

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Dodce

and microsoft ships a product THEY KNOW has a FAULT in it & THEY KNOW it will BREAK DOWN & they know it will SCRATCH DISCS

but obviously they deserve to be held as high as God for that....right?

Dodece once again....you right a 500 word-essay full of bias & BS.

writing huge posts does not make your post any more credible.

so please lets not even get to the topic of "what companies behaviour is shitty or not"

Yes, but we are not talking about shitty hardware, we are talking about shitty software (err... delayed software)

It is a well known fact that sony announces games well before their release date. Something fanboys cannot deny, thus they change the subject.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Im hoping they take their time. I want the best game possible rather than some half assed attempt. But it impresses it will surely be worth the wait

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Holy cow just thought of something. What if Alan Wake, survival horrer game, gets a multiplayer(PLEASE NO CO-OP) mode?

Wouldn't that be like, a crime against nature or something? =/ If it does though, it'd be undoubtly cool, but I mean, Survival horrer....it just doesn't happen. I'dlove it though, being the multiplayer fan I am.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

Holy cow just thought of something. What if Alan Wake, survival horrer game, gets a multiplayer(PLEASE NO CO-OP) mode?

Wouldn't that be like, a crime against nature or something? =/ If it does though, it'd be undoubtly cool, but I mean, Survival horrer....it just doesn't happen. I'dlove it though, being the multiplayer fan I am.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_Outbreak

Well, if it does have co-op (which I sincerely doubt) let's hope it's not like the above.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Dodece said:
Microsoft makes it a point to showcase new titles less then a year before they arrive to market. Sony makes it a point to tease enthusiasts with games that are two or three years away from delivery as a rule. Honestly they deserve to get mocked for that. No matter how you look at it. Their behavior is just shitty. They even dodge questions about launch window as if they did not know.

What have we here an exception, or perhaps it has more to do with the engine then the game. Many game developers license their engines to other developers, and that is often long before their own game launches. Has anyone else found it strange that the game in question is always seen in tech demos. Showing lighting effects, or tornadoes. Doesn't seem to be aimed at gaming enthusiasts as much as it is aimed at other developers.

I see this as a positive honestly if anything it shows that Microsoft even being the publisher was willing to set aside their standard practice so as to enable a partner to market their other products. Regardless one exception means the PS3 gets a pass on well earned rap. Well that is childish bullshit. You guys really need to be ashamed of yourself. You know how the PS3 gets rid of this rap. They need to go a solid year without half a dozen delays in general, and most important of all. No delays of highly valued titles. In fact they need to actually commit to some dates now. Otherwise the impression is that all those titles are delayed.

Let's take a look at the validity of your claim that Microsoft 'makes it a point' to only announce games less than a year before they arrive to market.

Halo 3- Announced July 2006/ Released September 2007- 1 year 2 months.

Crackdown- Announced October 2005/ Released February 2007. -1 year 4 months.

Mass Effect- Announced October 2005/ Released Novemeber 2007- 2 years 1 month.

Halo Wars- Announced July 2006/ To Be Released February 2009- 2 years 7 months.

Alan Wake- Announced May 2005/ To be Released Fall 2009. - 4 years 3 months.

Dodece said: Well that is childish bullshit. You guys really need to be ashamed of yourself

I'm terribly ashamed.

I really love the fact that I riled some feathers. Enough to get personal attacks, and other posters trying to change the subject. That means I struck a raw nerve. You can literally feel the vile desperation through their posts. It doesn't really bother me if you attack me personally it just belies the weakness of your argument.

Speaking to the comment from Dallinor. I said makes it a point which is not the same as carved in stone. I make it a point to not eat spicy foods before I go to bed, because I would rather not sleep on an upset stomach. However that is not always the case, as in it isn't carved in stone. Occasionally I will eat something spicy before I go to bed. I usually regret doing so, but it happens. I suggest you collate if your interested all the titles announced by Microsoft. I suspect you will find its significantly in favor of short time tables rather then timetables that exceed a year.

P.S.

I think it is rather rude to not properly type my handle. It is all of six letters, and is it really a issue to not be bothered to copy paste if you cannot be bothered to actually remember it. Just a pet peeve, but it definitely deflates any argument you make.

Dodece said:
I really love the fact that I riled some feathers. Enough to get personal attacks, and other posters trying to change the subject. That means I struck a raw nerve. You can literally feel the vile desperation through their posts. It doesn't really bother me if you attack me personally it just belies the weakness of your argument.

Speaking to the comment from Dallinor. I said makes it a point which is not the same as carved in stone. I make it a point to not eat spicy foods before I go to bed, because I would rather not sleep on an upset stomach. However that is not always the case, as in it isn't carved in stone. Occasionally I will eat something spicy before I go to bed. I usually regret doing so, but it happens. I suggest you collate if your interested all the titles announced by Microsoft. I suspect you will find its significantly in favor of short time tables rather then timetables that exceed a year.

P.S.

I think it is rather rude to not properly type my handle. It is all of six letters, and is it really a issue to not be bothered to copy paste if you cannot be bothered to actually remember it. Just a pet peeve, but it definitely deflates any argument you make.

For interest, here are all the 360 titles announced and published by MS which were then released in under a year:

Forza Motorsport 1 & 2

Lips

Scene it: 1+2

Perfect Dark Zero

Project Gotham Racing:3

Kameo

Fuzion Frenzy 2

Viva Pinata 1 & 2

The Movies

Every Party

Ninja Blade

Ninja Gaiden II

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Ninety-Nine Nights

Gears Of War 2

(Total: 17 games)

Not announced and released in under a year:

Gears Of War

Mass Effect

Crackdown

Fable II

Shadowrun

Project Gotham Racing: 4

Blue Dragon

Kingdom Under Fire: Circle Of Doom

Lost Odyssey

Infinite Undiscovery

Halo Wars

Halo Chronicles

Halo 3

Too Human

Alan Wake

(Total: 15 games)

Note: Jade Empire was left out as it was released on the xbox first.

The 'under a year' list also recieves a considerable bulking up given that a lot of the titles were launch releases for the platform.

Overall I don't think this list shows MS is particularly in favour of either timetable. Granted Microsoft currently seem to be embarking down the road of only announcing titles in under a year, but I think your original assessment was made in haste and built upon a common misconception floating around these forums.