By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Where the @### is ALAN WAKE?

mrstickball said:
Should be an announcement at E

We thought the same thing this time last year.  The game was announced way too early.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Should be an announcement at E3.

Agreed. MS will make sure they 'win' E3 again, and this will all but ensure the victory. Unless of course they show NOTHING else, but I have a feeling Mass Effect 2, in all its glorious glory will be there too.

And um, another type of Gear may well be there. :) 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Well killzone 2 comes out this month n Alan Wake is still hiding (announced in 05 both of em were)

Delaystation my foot

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Well killzone 2 comes out this month n Alan Wake is still hiding (announced in 05 both of em were)

Delaystation my foot

Lol, Alan Wake is one game compared to a list for PS3, but I do agree that these delays are getting more then annoying.

I've been wanting a survival horrer game for a long time now, and RE5(It looks good don't get me wrong) doesn't look to be fulfilling that. F.E.A.R. 2 should tide me over, but its an FPS horrer game. Come on Alan Wake, E3, GDC.....

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

A exception does not dethrone a rule. Firstly yes the title of delay station still stands. The console earned this title through a plethora of games that missed their release dates, and launch windows. We are talking about dozens of games thus far. It is by no means a small number for enthusiasts.

Microsoft makes it a point to showcase new titles less then a year before they arrive to market. Sony makes it a point to tease enthusiasts with games that are two or three years away from delivery as a rule. Honestly they deserve to get mocked for that. No matter how you look at it. Their behavior is just shitty. They even dodge questions about launch window as if they did not know.

What have we here an exception, or perhaps it has more to do with the engine then the game. Many game developers license their engines to other developers, and that is often long before their own game launches. Has anyone else found it strange that the game in question is always seen in tech demos. Showing lighting effects, or tornadoes. Doesn't seem to be aimed at gaming enthusiasts as much as it is aimed at other developers.

I see this as a positive honestly if anything it shows that Microsoft even being the publisher was willing to set aside their standard practice so as to enable a partner to market their other products. Regardless one exception means the PS3 gets a pass on well earned rap. Well that is childish bullshit. You guys really need to be ashamed of yourself. You know how the PS3 gets rid of this rap. They need to go a solid year without half a dozen delays in general, and most important of all. No delays of highly valued titles. In fact they need to actually commit to some dates now. Otherwise the impression is that all those titles are delayed.

Around the Network

Alan Wake is in development at Remedy.

To ask anymore will only end up with the answer "its not done yet" or "it will be done when its done".

I hope to see it this year, but Microsoft has gotten in the good habit of not showing us anything until its almost done.

ShadowSoldier said:
Where the Fuck Is Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy XIII and Conviction? It can work both ways but having patience will ensure that you get the bang for your buck

Its hardly an exception. What about Splinter Cell: Conviction and Huxley?

CGI-Quality said:
@ ShadowBlind

Don't go there, both systems have their fair share of delayed titles. Regardless, Alan Wake is #2 on my most anticipated so for me, patience is a virtue. Killzone 2/MGS4 has shown us that!

Whoawhoawhoawhoa hold on there Jethro. Your telling ME not to go there?

Mate, you need to at least read the post I quoted before you read mine. I didn't bring it up, though if neccesary I will finish it.

*defense mode activated*

Alan Wake would "win" E3, when did this game become so big? To my knowledge it seems to be the last few months, the upcoming 360 lineup is shocking if Alan Wake is going to be a killer app.

That one should be good though as it is from Remedy, will play wonderfully on my PC. Thankfully no one but CGI is hyping Heavy Rain up, that one looks a stinker.