By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A question for all religious people who believe in a 'god'

That was totally sweet when seifer did that. I love Final Fantasy VIII, screw you guys.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Because Odin got owned by Seifer in FF VIII.

total win!

highwaystar101 said:

What makes your god the correct god and the gods of other beliefs false?

For example, if you believe in an abrahamic god, why would Odin, for example, not be the true god?

I guess what I'm asking is for the justification of why you believe in your god. I'm just curious is all, I don't mean this thread to be malicious in any way.

I believe in the Christian God through Jesus being correct because:

1) Jesus' birth was foretold centuries before his birth.

2) Jesus fulfilled dozens of OT prophecies about the messiah.

Furthermore, Jesus' earthly ministry was unique by not only word, but deed. Very few religions spread when their primary founder dies a horrible, violent death. Yet the apostles that lived and knew Jesus died by his very words. If Jesus was a phony, then why did so many that lived with him become so willing to die for a lie?

Plus we have 2 millennia of acts & deeds done by Christian principles. Christian ethos and praxis has been been great when practiced by non-instituionalized (and perverted) Christianity.

And of course, you have modern day miracles that have happened inside Churches, and performed by Christians...I've seen plenty in my lifetime.

Finally, it comes down to inward witness. I've talked to God many times throughout my life, and have heard from him - having a close relationship with God is great when you learn to hear from him. Through that, and prayer, I've seen so much (great) happen in my life, I don't see how I could question God's existence.

And the Christian community is great. Of all the people I've met in my life, so few when practicing Christianity have seen negative effects from following Jesus' commands, and so many benefits. It's a great religion to be in.

How does it negate other religions, and make them incorrect? That's between them and their god. I don't know of many religions with 'active' gods in them, save Islam, and even then I am unsure how active Allah is in a Muslims life. My question to any other religious practioner is asking them how often they hear from God, and don't practice their religion blindly. I think it's an interesting proof to ask if God is real by merely asking for confirmation. If God/Jesus are real, I want them to show me, and they have

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The only answer i can give is that the word of God, as I have read it, makes sense to me at a fundamental level and the rules and beliefs within are compatible with the way my soul thinks and feels. I honestly can't see a document made purely by man evoking that from within me.

Now before I get flamed, yes there are passages that i do take issue with, but I'm sure through thought and prayer on such things i can one day find the meanings of them (i.e. some of the Levite laws)

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

i believe in jesus because like stickball said alot of prophecies from the bible r coming true like the jews returning to the promise land and also because i have seen alot of miracles happen in my life to not believe in him

Around the Network

wait.. so if I see a miracle god automatically gets credit?

aint that a bitch..

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

The_vagabond7 said:
That was totally sweet when seifer did that. I love Final Fantasy VIII, screw you guys.

FF VIII is so bad...at least the ending was good.  The draw system was so damn annoying.  GF's were moderately cool, but I just have mostly bad memories of that game.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Btw, I'm sorry, I believe in God. Hate me for it. Try and disprove me. I don't care.

My God is in my avatar.

Look into his eyes, and see divinity defined.

Angel_DwK said:
wait.. so if I see a miracle god automatically gets credit?

aint that a bitch..

Some things we see may not be miracles that God does directly, but that doesn't change that God is in the miracle business.

What if you asked God 'Lord, I need $500 to pay my rent by tomorrow at 5pm, or else I am going to kicked out on the street, please help' and an unknown person delivers $500 in cash to your residence....Is that just a random occurance or something a bit more...Miracle-ish?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.