By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A question for all religious people who believe in a 'god'

Beacause I feel it.

Around the Network

I've pretty sure these threads are created purely for making VG$.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

mrstickball said:

I believe in the Christian God through Jesus being correct because:

1) Jesus' birth was foretold centuries before his birth.

2) Jesus fulfilled dozens of OT prophecies about the messiah.

Furthermore, Jesus' earthly ministry was unique by not only word, but deed. Very few religions spread when their primary founder dies a horrible, violent death. Yet the apostles that lived and knew Jesus died by his very words. If Jesus was a phony, then why did so many that lived with him become so willing to die for a lie?

Plus we have 2 millennia of acts & deeds done by Christian principles. Christian ethos and praxis has been been great when practiced by non-instituionalized (and perverted) Christianity.

And of course, you have modern day miracles that have happened inside Churches, and performed by Christians...I've seen plenty in my lifetime.

Finally, it comes down to inward witness. I've talked to God many times throughout my life, and have heard from him - having a close relationship with God is great when you learn to hear from him. Through that, and prayer, I've seen so much (great) happen in my life, I don't see how I could question God's existence.

And the Christian community is great. Of all the people I've met in my life, so few when practicing Christianity have seen negative effects from following Jesus' commands, and so many benefits. It's a great religion to be in.

How does it negate other religions, and make them incorrect? That's between them and their god. I don't know of many religions with 'active' gods in them, save Islam, and even then I am unsure how active Allah is in a Muslims life. My question to any other religious practioner is asking them how often they hear from God, and don't practice their religion blindly. I think it's an interesting proof to ask if God is real by merely asking for confirmation. If God/Jesus are real, I want them to show me, and they have

IOU 20 minutes.

Because it is impossible for a being to be both omnipotent and bound by rules. An omnipotent being is by the nature of omnipotence able to break any rule that anyone or anything creates. Therefore, to attempt to follow or comprehend the will of a god is as much an insult to the entity as it would be to defy it, as both would be assuming that god is something less than all-powerful.

Therefore, there is only one logically conceivable vision I have of an omnipotent being, and that's what I believe in.

the only religion that I know a lot about is Islam.

I'm muslim and I read Quran and it's the best thing in my life, it's just feels so right and comfortable when I do what Allah tells me to do. I also believe god is fair and even if u r not Muslim and do good things in ur life Allah will reward u -it's written in Quran-.

I believe in Jesus but I guess not in the same way Christians do :).

Around the Network

I believe in Miyamoto's ability to make great videogames.

mrstickball said:
Angel_DwK said:
wait.. so if I see a miracle god automatically gets credit?

aint that a bitch..

Some things we see may not be miracles that God does directly, but that doesn't change that God is in the miracle business.

What if you asked God 'Lord, I need $500 to pay my rent by tomorrow at 5pm, or else I am going to kicked out on the street, please help' and an unknown person delivers $500 in cash to your residence....Is that just a random occurance or something a bit more...Miracle-ish?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3LLY3jdAIo&feature=related 

That sums it up quite nicely, don't ya think?

tombi123 said:
mrstickball said:
Angel_DwK said:

aint that a bitch..

Some things we see may not be miracles that God does directly, but that doesn't change that God is in the miracle business.

What if you asked God 'Lord, I need $500 to pay my rent by tomorrow at 5pm, or else I am going to kicked out on the street, please help' and an unknown person delivers $500 in cash to your residence....Is that just a random occurance or something a bit more...Miracle-ish?

Here

ROFL :D

^ Thanks

and ROFL indeed :)

GamingChartzFTW said:
tombi123 said:
mrstickball said:
Angel_DwK said:

aint that a bitch..

Here

ROFL :D

Im not gonna lie... I laughed aloud while at work at this....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835