By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KIillzone 2 SuperBowl Commercial

richardhutnik said:
markers said:
bbsin said:
Squilliam said:
Whats the point? According to the PS3 fans on this site, rednecks only own Xbox 360s!

I know you're joking around but all football fans =/= red necks

As a matter of fact. Arizona fans and Pittsburgh fans are neither in the redneck catagory.

Either way, this is a rumour, don't get all your hopes up. I doubt they would show this on the superbowl. This Superbowl is slated to have one of the lower rating (in terms of superbowls) but cost the most for advertisements.

i beg to differ, i think this year is going to be one of the higher ratings. must noteably because of the arizona underdog cinderalla story facing the giant seemingly unstoppable steelers.

Pittsburg and Arizona are not major markets.  Also, the Cinderella story or supposed juggernaut Steelers doesn't match Giants against Patriots at all.  Not sure how many people actually care.  For a football fan it is interesting, but just doesn't match last year, which was the Perfect Team against the Road Warriors.  That game had the Double Miracle (Eli to Tyree catch) and went down to the closing seconds, thus keeping the ratings up.

As a football fan, I will be watching, but trying to do a party thing with it so it is more than the game.

agreed. the giants patriots was just absolutely awesome. im thinking this game will be a shootout which would help keep ratings high. but then again both defenses have been hot, i just hope its not a 6-3 match

Around the Network

lol ther fanboys are already crying about it.

richardhutnik said:
markers said:
bbsin said:
Squilliam said:
Whats the point? According to the PS3 fans on this site, rednecks only own Xbox 360s!

I know you're joking around but all football fans =/= red necks

As a matter of fact. Arizona fans and Pittsburgh fans are neither in the redneck catagory.

Either way, this is a rumour, don't get all your hopes up. I doubt they would show this on the superbowl. This Superbowl is slated to have one of the lower rating (in terms of superbowls) but cost the most for advertisements.

i beg to differ, i think this year is going to be one of the higher ratings. must noteably because of the arizona underdog cinderalla story facing the giant seemingly unstoppable steelers.

Pittsburg and Arizona are not major markets.  Also, the Cinderella story or supposed juggernaut Steelers doesn't match Giants against Patriots at all.  Not sure how many people actually care.  For a football fan it is interesting, but just doesn't match last year, which was the Perfect Team against the Road Warriors.  That game had the Double Miracle (Eli to Tyree catch) and went down to the closing seconds, thus keeping the ratings up.

As a football fan, I will be watching, but trying to do a party thing with it so it is more than the game.

It's not necessarily about market size.   I agree New England versus the Giants was a huge game.  But the Pittsburgh Steelers have one of the largest fan bases in the entire NFL and this is the Cardinals first trip to the Super Bowl.  This also will be landmark (If Pittsburgh wins) and gets their 6th Super Bowl.

dunno001 said:
Hmm... color me skeptical. A 30-second slot this year is estimated to cost $3 million; and for this length, Sony would need a double slot. Even if they had preferred rates for advertising, it would still cost them about $5 million dollars just to run this. Given Sony's current economic state, I can't see this cost being justified. (Unless Sony thinks this one commercial could sell an additional 200K copies above normal demand, which I also doubt.) Not to mention that even putting the financials aside, I can't see Sony wasting 8 seconds of coveted time. While it's done up very convincingly, cost coupled with the commercial length means I don't think it's going to happen, at least as a traditional commercial...

watch it again the first 15 secs. can be cut out and they werent able to sell all 30 second slots so they were talking about lowering the amount 5 mil is doubtful. even then that is chump change. and i dont think sony is being that conservative (also arent they the official electronic company for us sports)

I'm sorry, but this looks dreadfully fake.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
deathgod33 said:
@bbsin, pit burgh no. but Arizona is as redneck as you can get.

the cards use to play at comisky park while the bears use to play in wrigley chicago is far from red necks then the cards moved to st louis before settling in arizona. so the cards actually have some what of a loyal fan base in a wide area since they played in three major cities

i thought the same auron but im on my ps3 so i didn't know if that was it or if the size was messing it up

pretty average to me

nothing special inside to say the truth

some trailer where more impressive ...

music was also average

Time to Work !

Commercial is pretty unimpressive. But as long as it gets advertised featuring only gameplay I will be satisfied.

yo people i have a question please correct me if im wrong
someone claiming to have an xbox360 came into my shop today where i work
and said that on the xbox live there was demos for fear2, something about halo, and wat he claims was killzone2. I argued with him that KZ2 is ps3 only and there is no way it could be on there. he was sticking to wat he saw.
is it possible for that demo of killzone2 to be made available on xbox360??