By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KIillzone 2 SuperBowl Commercial

Yeah i'm gonna have to say fake. That is pretty crappy add and they can cut a lot of that out. And they should of had a voice over instead of writing .. a very manly voice too :P That would suit it. The voice over in resistance 2 commercials worked. People cbf reading infact while an add is on they might not even be looking at the t.v. Well that's just imo.

Around the Network
gengen2034 said:
yo people i have a question please correct me if im wrong
someone claiming to have an xbox360 came into my shop today where i work
and said that on the xbox live there was demos for fear2, something about halo, and wat he claims was killzone2. I argued with him that KZ2 is ps3 only and there is no way it could be on there. he was sticking to wat he saw.
is it possible for that demo of killzone2 to be made available on xbox360??

It's possible, but I doubt a Sony owned development studio from The Netherlands would make a trailer for the game to go on 360 consoles.

However, if it was just a trailer, it could be just that store uploaded trailers to that 360. For the midnight launch of Halo 3, a store near me uploaded a few trailers to the PS3 on display.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Honestly now, I think this is a commercial just for the Pre-Game. Should cost less than what people said since it will only be shown once and before the game only.

Hopefully another commercial will show during the game. I really want Ballet of Death to be a commercial, shows you what the game looks like.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

outlawauron said:

It's possible, but I doubt a Sony owned development studio from The Netherlands would make a trailer for the game to go on 360 consoles.

However, if it was just a trailer, it could be just that store uploaded trailers to that 360. For the midnight launch of Halo 3, a store near me uploaded a few trailers to the PS3 on display.

this guy was pretty adamant (not sure if spelling right) that it was a KZ2 demo, not trailer.  thats what has me confused.  i almost started an argument with him because of it. mind you though i would not be surprised if microsoft bought it!!

gengen2034 said:
outlawauron said:

this guy was pretty adamant (not sure if spelling right) that it was a KZ2 demo, not trailer.  thats what has me confused.  i almost started an argument with him because of it. mind you though i would not be surprised if microsoft bought it!!

Microsoft would have to buy Guerilla Games from Sony to even have access to any of it. Being that they are not for sale, it's impossible. The man who claimed otherwise is mistaken. And being that the KZ2 demo isn't out for PS3 owners, again he's lying (or just mistaken).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

thanks for the clear up. next time i see him i'll bitch slap him til he buys a ps3!!

The phrases in the add didn't make sense , please tell me that isn't real.

NicholasCage said:
Godot said:
This isn't a real commercial. It isn't build in a professionnal way. It's not made to catch interest but to showcase the game. For an unknown series like Killzone, you need to grab the viewer's interest first and then show him what the game looks like. Also, it isn't 30 seconds long and doesn't look at all like the usual Super Bowl ads.

Well, not all superbowl video's have to be 30 secs long you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLcgFo0CPss

That was made for last year, and it was 1:02 long. But I agree with you, the Killzone commercial doesn't grab my attetion, only at the end when the guy is shooting bullets slowly makes me say "Wow". Graphics also I guess gets my attention, but the music I don't like.

If this commercial will be replayed at least like 3 times, it should grab at least 100,000 more people to get the game that never heard of it.

LOL. That ad is golden!

Seems to be rather low res.

First part "fourth down means..." was nice, "sudden death means you die suddenly" is crap.

The football references started out nice, but didn't really translate all that well.

The choice of footage is average. The final shot should've been with other music and should've lasted longer, since that's a very powerful image imho.

Thought Superbowl was like british rugby, ad looks great.