By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KIillzone 2 SuperBowl Commercial

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/2009-01-29-super-bowl-ads-chart_N.htm

no PS3 game here

Around the Network

It's screams fake to me.

First of all, you buy slots of 30 seconds in the superbowl. It should be exactly 1 min long, not 52 seconds long. 8 seconds of blank is 800,000 dollars wasted (that's how much the time is priced at). And second "Sudden death means you die suddenly" this kind of crappy writing sounds like the person who made this video (by themself, editing gameplay together and throwing cheese over the top) doesn't even speak english as their first language, they must live near the GG studio : P

I hope to see it tonight as well.

yog-sothot said:

no PS3 game here

I guess that settles it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

i heard that trailer was fake.

Around the Network

no it isnt Fake

Theo said:

It's screams fake to me.

First of all, you buy slots of 30 seconds in the superbowl. It should be exactly 1 min long, not 52 seconds long. 8 seconds of blank is 800,000 dollars wasted (that's how much the time is priced at). And second "Sudden death means you die suddenly" this kind of crappy writing sounds like the person who made this video (by themself, editing gameplay together and throwing cheese over the top) doesn't even speak english as their first language, they must live near the GG studio : P

I would go with what you said, but replace the English language as a first language comment, and replace it with being such a blind fanboy, you think the world cares you killed 4 Helghasts (or even knows what they are), and is eagerly awaiting KZ2.  Throw in also, you think the graphics are so amazingly that, that all you have to show is some words and the graphics, and think it will make the world suddenly want to buy a PS3, because you think the looks of it are "all that and a bag of chips".  I would say it HAS to be a fanboy.  Who else produces free advertising for a corporation to promote their products?

A new game here is to track down the origins of the ad, and figure out what the person was thinking.  It is entirely possible the video was a mockup done by someone at an ad agency doing work for Sony, to get an idea across. It was possibly leaked as a viral video thing, to circle around the Net to get interest.  Also note where the video first appeared, it was on some videogame "gangsta" website.

But now, since it appears Sony isn't doing ANY PS3 ads on the Superbowl, it looks like they are in cost-cutting measures, and trying to get profitable, and not gain marketshare.  Read into that, a price cut in the PS3 in 2009 is, at best, a 50-50 proposition.

NJ5 said:
yog-sothot said:

no PS3 game here

I guess that settles it.

Damn that sucks,  I was so hoping for one too,  maybe Sony will cancel one of the movie commercials for a Killzone 2 one.   Plus I did notice a few are on there,  I heard Chevy and Ford  had one,  and they dont list the Miller high life 1 second commercial.  

Is it true there are two 30sec spots that havn't been announed yet?

I'm gonna with fake on this one. If you're gonna make an ad for the general public it wouldn't say "Four dead Helghast" because your target audience doesn't know what that is, "Four dead ennemies" or "Four dead opponents" would have been better suited here. Plus all those lines are incredibly corny.

Signature goes here!