By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: FFVI DS in the works

Johann said:
Darc Requiem said:
I'd buy it although what made the Opera scene cool was that it didn't have voice. The work around they came up with was excellent.

I thought those noises were supposed to be voices. Weird, low-key, inaudible, incomprehensible voices

They were supposed to be voices but there weren't. It was midi sound track that they lip synched with the character sprites. It was awesome. The remake will mostly likely have actual voices so, it won't have the same charm. It's hard to explain.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Johann said:
Darc Requiem said:
I'd buy it although what made the Opera scene cool was that it didn't have voice. The work around they came up with was excellent.

I thought those noises were supposed to be voices. Weird, low-key, inaudible, incomprehensible voices

They were supposed to be voices but there weren't. It was midi sound track that they lip synched with the character sprites. It was awesome. The remake will mostly likely have actual voices so, it won't have the same charm. It's hard to explain.

I know what they were, and I know what you mean. Charm cannot be replicated by any ammount of technology.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

OH EM GEE! Screw V, give me VI and I'm a happy camper (my favorite FF).

cool, i hope they dp it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Wow if they’re fakes they’re really good - but wouldn’t they do V first? I’d like to see a remake of VI but unless Square Enix announce something I’m not getting excited.

Around the Network

I think everyone's hoping they'll come out with VI next, though we all secretly suspect V will come out first. Mind you, V wasn't a bad game at all, the original had a better job system then the one they tacked on to III.

Square will probably announce something at GDC or E3 at the latest.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Johann said:
Darc Requiem said:
Johann said:
Darc Requiem said:

I know what they were, and I know what you mean. Charm cannot be replicated by any ammount of technology.

Charm and Nostalgia can still be overtaken by amazing music and design.

If they combined a similar song such as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mknLT4UszcI (Orchestra Gaming Concert 4 - The Oath: Maria and Draku) with a fully Choreographed and played out Opera scene, that would be almost worth getting the game.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Johann said:
Darc Requiem said:
Johann said:
Darc Requiem said:

Charm and Nostalgia can still be overtaken by amazing music and design.

If they combined a similar song such as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mknLT4UszcI (Orchestra Gaming Concert 4 - The Oath: Maria and Draku) with a fully Choreographed and played out Opera scene, that would be almost worth getting the game.

Agreed. Hell, I'd buy the game just for a reworked version of Dancing Mad.

I fake since they will make V first then VI.

It'd be great. It's also most likely bullshit.