By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: FFVI DS in the works

SuperDave said:
I think everyone's hoping they'll come out with VI next, though we all secretly suspect V will come out first. Mind you, V wasn't a bad game at all, the original had a better job system then the one they tacked on to III.

Square will probably announce something at GDC or E3 at the latest.

Final Fantasy III was the first game in the series to feature the job system. What do you mean "tacked on"?

Around the Network

I will have this game, even if they ruin it, just so I can have the game in my pocket at all times. For years I have kept one save file on my SNES cartridge right before the opera scene, in case the mood strikes.

All they have to do is add a couple Espers and hide them in a bonus dungeon or something.

I want V first though. I never played it.

You haven't played FFV yet Rubang? I'm sorry but I'm going to have to revoke your gamer card.

Khuutra said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Johann said:
Darc Requiem said:
Johann said:
Darc Requiem said:
I'd buy it although what made the Opera scene cool was that it didn't have voice. The work around they came up with was excellent.

I thought those noises were supposed to be voices. Weird, low-key, inaudible, incomprehensible voices

They were supposed to be voices but there weren't. It was midi sound track that they lip synched with the character sprites. It was awesome. The remake will mostly likely have actual voices so, it won't have the same charm. It's hard to explain.

I know what they were, and I know what you mean. Charm cannot be replicated by any ammount of technology.

Charm and Nostalgia can still be overtaken by amazing music and design.

If they combined a similar song such as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mknLT4UszcI (Orchestra Gaming Concert 4 - The Oath: Maria and Draku) with a fully Choreographed and played out Opera scene, that would be almost worth getting the game.

Agreed. Hell, I'd buy the game just for a reworked version of Dancing Mad.

There's various Orchestrared versions of Dancing Mad, but they're nothing to write home about.  And nothing in comparison to the Song I linked from the Opera Scene, which was from the Orchestrated Gaming Concerts done in the mid 90s and arranged by Koichi Sugiyama.  But here's one anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDBppP6obK8

Six upcoming games you should look into:

I've seen that. Lovely, would kill for a quality recording of it, but not what I'm looking for. And it's nearly lost in the terrible, terrible quality.

Besides, I mean that I'd like to fight Kefka to a new version.

Still, thank you, and I'm listening to this right now. Love the choir.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
You haven't played FFV yet Rubang? I'm sorry but I'm going to have to revoke your gamer card.

It didn't come out in America when I would have cared.

I've played 1, 2, 4, and 6, and a lot of Blitzball.

I'll get around to 3 and 5 eventually.

Well, I would like for one. But I'd like in a slick 2D.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

If the image is fake then they did a really good job and if its real then thats even better.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

No no no! FFVI should go to the Wii! Plz Square Enix!

routsounmanman said:
No no no! FFVI should go to the Wii! Plz Square Enix!

...This would also be acceptable, I suppose.