By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 4 New "Need for Speed" announced! And you thought the serie was dead ^^

Keith Munor, Marketing manager from EA, announced 4 (!!!) Need for Speed games! See next post for details ... http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2009/00031625-toutes-les-infos-sur-les-prochains-need-for-speed.htm

Around the Network

4!

This has kinda been announced in another thread. But it only lists 3?

could you perhaps post the artical in the thread?

Oh the humanity. I like the idea of a Nintendo exclusive title maybe they will be better than past iterations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

1/ Need for Speed Shift (PC/360/PS3/PSP): Forget the arcade game, Shift will be a driving simulator! Developped by Slightly mad studios (GTR2, ...).

2/ Need for Speed Nitro (Wii/DS): A fresh and fun NFS, but it won't be a mario kart clone according to EA. Developped by EA Montreal.

3/ Need for Speed: World Online (PC): This game's all about multiplayer races. It will be launched first in Asia, then in the rest of the world. Developped by Black box and EA Singapour.

4/ Need for Speed "bling bling" (no name yet): no info about this one.

The fourth game is a mystery -- and appears to be billed as such.

"To conclude, will know that Keith Munro, EA is not giving up on the urban universe bling-bling which had become the trademark of NFS. A fourth play will be given the responsibility to keep it going, even if one knows neither his title nor the platforms concerned."

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

NFS has been dead to me since Undeground , I don't see that changing unless they do something special.

In fact, I'm pretty excited about Shift ... Could be a great game! But I don't know if NFS public really wants a driving simulator ...

I'd rather want to get an arcade style than a simulator. Out of the list I'm most excited about the online, hope it's good

Yeah they better not turn Burnout into a sim ....

I want another Revenge :(

I'm glad the NFS series is going to continue, Undercover is the best NFS since most wanted (lets face it, both carbon and pro street were well below par)