By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst - latest financial data shows that Wii growth may be over, Nintendo knows something big has gone wrong

^ I think it makes sense that as technology (in general) improves, everything moves towards a 'portable' form. As Japan is most probably the most technologically advanced country on Earth - I wouldn't be surprised if consoles *never* make a real comeback.

It would have to be in a form that makes pretty much no sense as a portable - or a technological breakthrough that is currently impossible in portable (mass-market) form.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
shams said:
^ I think it makes sense that as technology (in general) improves, everything moves towards a 'portable' form. As Japan is most probably the most technologically advanced country on Earth - I wouldn't be surprised if consoles *never* make a real comeback.

It would have to be in a form that makes pretty much no sense as a portable - or a technological breakthrough that is currently impossible in portable (mass-market) form.

To me, handhelds make no sense to begin with, I want my games on a big screen with a fat sound system attached!

I never liked handhelds, haven't owned one since my Atari Lynx (which was a gift, had a couple of decent games).

shams said:

No way laptops and portable TVs are going to be the standard. There are things for which size does matter and makes portability low.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Profit forecasts are very different than shipment forecasts, profits can drop for reasons totally different than sales, like currency fluctuations

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Star Scream said:
Nintendo's stock dropped 12% today - (-11.98%). To be honest, I don't know what the investors were expecting, but that's an astronomical drop in one day...

God I hope it keeps falling, I want to invest, let these fools bail oit, i'll walk in and pick up the stock on the cheap

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

I think that just like Sony is trying to too, Nintendo even more justifiably won't rush price cuts, as this could make it look weaker. They'll eventually do it, but not when this or that external analyst tells them to do.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!