By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anyone else find odd that theres 51.26M Psp Shipped

Technicaly 75% of the posts on the forum could be considered rule 5 or 9 . I just think playing the warning card in this situation was improper.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Aj_habfan said:
Where's Fishyjoe. I'm sure he has something to add to discredit it.

You know this is trolling. Well of course you do because I just warned you.

That's silly.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

NinjaKido said:
Technicaly 75% of the posts on the forum could be considered rule 5 or 9 . I just think playing the warning card in this situation was improper.

If you have any issues with moderations, you should contact a head mod. That is the proper procedure to resolve issues.

NinjaKido said:

So it's fine if everyone starts preempting posters' replies in threads? Those rules exist for a reason, to stop the site from becoming an absolute troll-fest.

Just because some posts have no substance doesn't mean people can post flamebait. As you can see, we're still discussing this in the thread, that should tell you something.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

lets go back to the subject, i don't understand, There is 51 million psp out there and 45 million of them haven't been sold yet?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

@ NJ5 it's also arguable that it's logical to conclude that Sony don't record replaced units as shipped , they certainly wouldn't be distributed in the same way as shipped to retailer units.

As for the whole trolling fiasco I simply called out an error that was made in hope that rather than being reffered to a higher power , it would just be taken on board ... everyone should be open to correction because that's how we become better.

Pre-empting posters replies in threads is common place , and it's not like weight isn't given to the poster by the type of posts the person in question sais . It's not really harmful or a flamebait if you don't want it to be ... I mean if some one would say that I regularly support the strength of the XBOX 360's sales performance and they'd anticipate a response from me that comment would have no real basis .

I'll leave it at that and say no more.

@NinjaKido: In light of the Sony quote I have posted, how can you logically defend that replacement units weren't counted? Were those units not produced?

I'm not saying I'm 100% sure of my position, but it does seem logical considering that quote.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

VG is really lowballing the PSP and PS2.

The site is good for the 3 current gen home consoles and DS. But as for Sony's 8 year old beast and their awesome handheld...not so much.

outlawauron said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
NJ5 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

VGChartz was probably at least 2M low on 2008 sales, and lifetime sales are just plain wrong. That's correct.

Worse still, is the Ps2. It is without a doubt undertracked by over 10M lifetime.

I think Sony may include replacement units in their PS2 numbers. It was not long ago that they started considering shipments as warehouse to retailer as opposed to factory to warehouse.

Don't you remember when they did that? There was a lot of discussion about it, Sqrl even made an animated gif to explain it.

Nope, no clue about this.

So the Ps2 number includes replacements then. Could the same be the case for the PsP? When did this happen?

Why would their be a lot of PSP replacements? The consoles work just fine!

Yeah, they probably do. That's a valid point, and my point should just be dismissed (regarding the PsP).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

NJ5 said:
Aj_habfan said:

Are you saying they counted the warehouse ones, then counted the same ones after shipped? I doubt that.

Either way, those ones in the warehouses from 2007 are sold now.

Not necessarily, if the replacement units theory is correct, they may have been shipped for free instead of sold.

outlawauron said:

Why would their be a lot of PSP replacements? The consoles work just fine!

No hardware is unbreakable. That said, there could be a mixture of two factors here, undertracking and replacement units skewing shipment data.

Well then, do we factor that in for Nintendo and Microsoft?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.