By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's next AAA game (90%)? Which will it be?

outlawauron said:
__XBrawlX__ said:
The Conduit, Fatal Frame, Monster Hunter 3, Pikmin 3, DdoC, etc.

There are many possible candidates....

Man, I don't see how Monster Hunter 3 can get that high of a score. Every game in the series has gotten hammered by critics.

Pikmin 3 does have a good chance though. And does Mad World.

Monster Hunter is AWESOME!  Critics just don't get how deep the game really is and how great it can be.  It's just a very brutal game, hopefully though people will start coming around.

Fatal Frame needs some improvements on controls, DdoC just needs a little more polish (which can easily be done), Pikmin 3 is on course to be 90%+ since every hands on with Pikmin with Wii controls have said it's simply awesome, The Conduit needs to get past those reviewers that are like RAWR IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE MY PS3 2/10! otherwise the controls and the things it's doing on Wii will make it a 90%+ game as long as it delivers what they promise, and I'm going to say with confidence that Mad World is going to be Wii's big exclusive game for the first half the year (and thats in cluding punch-out which is still marked to come out in the first half)  I <3 Clover/Platinum ^_^

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
__XBrawlX__ said:

Man, I don't see how Monster Hunter 3 can get that high of a score. Every game in the series has gotten hammered by critics.

Monster Hunter is AWESOME!  Critics just don't get how deep the game really is and how great it can be.  It's just a very brutal game, hopefully though people will start coming around.

Fatal Frame needs some improvements on controls, DdoC just needs a little more polish (which can easily be done), Pikmin 3 is on course to be 90%+ since every hands on with Pikmin with Wii controls have said it's simply awesome, The Conduit needs to get past those reviewers that are like RAWR IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE MY PS3 2/10! otherwise the controls and the things it's doing on Wii will make it a 90%+ game as long as it delivers what they promise, and I'm going to say with confidence that Mad World is going to be Wii's big exclusive game for the first half the year (and thats in cluding punch-out which is still marked to come out in the first half)  I <3 Clover/Platinum ^_^

I know Monster Hunter is awesome, but it gets low review scores due to bad gameplay mechanics.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
__XBrawlX__ said:

I know Monster Hunter is awesome, but it gets low review scores due to bad gameplay mechanics.

Bah it's not bad gameplay it's bad players, certain weapons are good vs certain enemies, period.  And to keep with the feel of being a hunter you have to know how to use and hunt with those weapons as well as know how the animal will attack.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
__XBrawlX__ said:

Bah it's not bad gameplay it's bad players, certain weapons are good vs certain enemies, period.  And to keep with the feel of being a hunter you have to know how to use and hunt with those weapons as well as know how the animal will attack.

It's mostly unbalanced combat and horrific camera controls.

camera controls should be better on Wii than they were on PSP, but I suppose it depends on the implementation of the wiimote.

Around the Network
windbane said:
camera controls should be better on Wii than they were on PSP, but I suppose it depends on the implementation of the wiimote.

No, there was a similar issue with the PS2 version. It's more so the battle system than the platform.

ah, ok. I haven't played any of the Monster Hunter games yet. I've been meaning to try it on my PSP...

windbane said:
ah, ok. I haven't played any of the Monster Hunter games yet. I've been meaning to try it on my PSP...

I hope that the Wii will fix things but I really doubt it'll much difference the PS2 versions. (outside of natural improvements)

It needs to stay that way so the hardcore players will still buy it.

zleep said:
Seeing that PS3 has recently got another one, Killzone 2, and that it has been a long while since Wii got one, I was wondering which one will be the next. My bet is that it will be the next Zelda in 2010, unless theres another Nintendo surprise, I dont think any third party game will achieve this. What do you think?

Couldn't care less about "official" scores on metacritic, or Gamerankings. Almost every game I've played that's been reviewed has gotten much lower scores than they deserved to, thanks to a systematic attempt to raise the xbox 360 up as the console of choice by "journalists", (i.e. internet fanboys), by giving the "HD" systems higher ratings, and deriding the Wii with shit awful ratings on solid games. 

Don't give a rat's ass about "AAA" anymore, as it no longer means anything. Don't follow the herd.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Shanobi said:
zleep said:
Seeing that PS3 has recently got another one, Killzone 2, and that it has been a long while since Wii got one, I was wondering which one will be the next. My bet is that it will be the next Zelda in 2010, unless theres another Nintendo surprise, I dont think any third party game will achieve this. What do you think?

Couldn't care less about "official" scores on metacritic, or Gamerankings. Almost every game I've played that's been reviewed has gotten much lower scores than they deserved to, thanks to a systematic attempt to raise the xbox 360 up as the console of choice by "journalists", (i.e. internet fanboys), by giving the "HD" systems higher ratings, and deriding the Wii with shit awful ratings on solid games. 

Don't give a rat's ass about "AAA" anymore, as it no longer means anything. Don't follow the herd.

Reviews used to really mean something back before the industry became a multibillion dollar business with money flying everywhere to get a game to sell well, so now you get sites that have game ads that completely fund the site and employees, yet these ads are run by the publishers that say if our game doesn't get good scores from your site we pull the ads and therefore people lose their jobs. 

Reviews are still good for general purposes and from smaller sites like ours, we're funded by ads but not the game publishers, and you've got our staff that buys games out of their own money to review for you guys, so if they think, hey this is a waste of money, then hey it was a waste of money for them and they're trying to warn you.