By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - N'Gai: Developers should use low-spec machines as lead, up-port to HD

No doubt I'd like for multiplats to work better and be tailored to the Wii when possible...

But let's be serious here. From the Wii's perspective, it's either this solution or what it currently has, which is nothing.

Although, frankly, most multiplats don't really have a plac on the Wii without being retooled for it.

HD games just need to be cheaper in general. Yes, I said it, their production values need to be lower, I'm not sorry.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
So... people want developers to stop trying to push the boundaries of game design with games built to take advantage of the power of the HD consoles in favor of making pretty games with last gen gameplay?

How many PS360 games "push the boundaries of game design"?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
So... people want developers to stop trying to push the boundaries of game design with games built to take advantage of the power of the HD consoles in favor of making pretty games with last gen gameplay?

*shrugs* Lots? :P Seriously, can you imagine a game like Assassins Creed on Wii? It's just not possible.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
NJ5 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

*shrugs* Lots? :P Seriously, can you imagine a game like Assassins Creed on Wii? It's just not possible.

Just look at the previews for Dead Rising on the Wii.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
NJ5 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Of the three defining factors of playing Assassin's Creed - the gameplay mechanics themselves, the size and interactivity of the city, and the sheer scope of everything you can do all at once, only the last is impossible on the Wii.

If Assassin's Creed is your idea of "pushing the boundaries of game design"...

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
NJ5 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Of the three defining factors of playing Assassin's Creed - the gameplay mechanics themselves, the size and interactivity of the city, and the sheer scope of everything you can do all at once, only the last is impossible on the Wii.

Thread is magnetic pole for stupidity, and here i come.

Mario Galaxy, winner of the best game of 07 all over the internets, wipes the floor in terms of size, scope and anything the PS360's can cough up.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
Khuutra said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
NJ5 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Thread is magnetic pole for stupidity, and here i come.

Mario Galaxy, winner of the best game of 07 all over the internets, wipes the floor in terms of size, scope and anything the PS360's can cough up.

Well I guess that's fair. Super Mario Galaxy wins all arguments automatically.

Khuutra said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
NJ5 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

AC was a pretty crappy game, but you can't seriously think that it wasn't, in many ways, groundbreaking.

Altair can interact with anything. Absolutely anything that looks remotely climbable, and it all animates beautifully without any awkward transitions. I can't imagine them pulling it off on Wii hardware.

Khuutra said:

I haven't played it, I wonder if it's really impossible to do on the Wii. What do you mean by the "scope of everything you can do all at once"?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Khuutra said:

I haven't played it, I wonder if it's really impossible to do on the Wii. What do you mean by the "scope of everything you can do all at once"?

I should have said "seen" rather than "do". You can stand on top of a clock tower and look at an entire city rendered all at the same time. I mean, it might be possible, but the first time I saw it, it took my breath away.