By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 3 Gametrailers Media BLOWOUT!!

Stating flat out that the GC one is better is trolling not honesty. As you said even your untrained eye could see at least a little difference.

mariozeldametroid has given good and valid points why Corruption obviously looks better than Echoes. I also want to point out the amount of shaders and bloom lighting is awsome and fits perfect with Corruption's environments.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Around the Network

Must not watch.

May contain spoilerific content.

Must wait another week and play the game myself.

That is all.

Warlord_ said:
In the comparison video to MP2 i can't really see any difference, in some shots MP3 looks better but in other MP2 looks better. Can you tell me what is different maybe it will stand out more.

-Sharper textures

-Bloom lighting

-Depth Of Field

-Better weapon effects

-More special effects onscreen at once

-More detailed enemies

-Higher overall poly counts

-Larger, more open levels

-Better colors

And to say it looks worse than MP2 is pretty freakin stupid. This quote is taken from Gamepros.com:

"Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Definitely stole the the show. The graphics looked amazing -- better than Halo 2 on the Xbox without a doubt -- and the levels showed off sparkling details, proving the Wii is far more powerful than the Gamecube."

It's hard to really tell just how much better this looks from a 4 inch video, but just the fact that [almost] everyone can tell the difference speaks for itself. Once you get the full release on a bigscreen tv running in 480P the difference will become much more obvious.

If the Wii can produce games that look this good so early in it's life, the future looks bright.

Take it easy on the guy...everyone has their right to an opinion.

I disagree with him, there's plenty about MP3 that looks better...but I can see how it's hard to tell from such a small video. Watching both in person on a TV is the true judge.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Warlord_ said:
Why don't you guys shut up about the fanboy crap, I own all Ninteno consoles aswell accept the wii so don't call me a PS fanboy.

It was an honest question, i even had one of my friends who is a big Nintendo fan watch the video and he said MP2 looks better then MP3. Maybe you guys should take another look at the game and see that maybe the GC one looks better.

And i never brought up the PS3 or anything, and i never tried to start anything, i say one thing about a wii game and you all go mental just like i said in the other thread.

You're full of it. You already created a Gamecube vs. Wii comparison thread and the images were posted there with clear differences. It's your OWN THREAD (in which you claimed some of the Gamecube shots were Nintendo 64, rather than accept a difference). I suppose you could have trouble telling the difference between those levels of graphics, but then why buy a graphics intensive system like the PS3 if you can't tell the difference between Wii and Gamecube shots, much less Gamecube and Nintendo 64? That's your opinion, I just really don't understand you sometimes. You already asked this once and were given a thread full of comparison shots...

Around the Network

Hehe, looks like somebody made a mistake at Game Trailers. All these videos have been pulled.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Wow...I wonder why. I suppose they had footage they weren't supposed to show yet? Most of that stuff had been seen before...though certainly not all of it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to show anything until next week. In the most recent IGN podcast they were stating how they got the game from Nintendo and was playing it, but they were embargoed(?) on any information until next week.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

Some of that stuff coincided with the stuff from the gamesradar 1 hour video. None of it is really spoilerish or unexpected so I'm not really sure why it got pulled.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

what is the final word?
why were they pulled off?

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY