By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 3 Gametrailers Media BLOWOUT!!

Ok, finally watched them all. EXCELLENT!

These videos are higher quality than usual...and I'm sure it'll look great on a normal TV.

From the preview, it sounds like this Metroid definitely has less backtracking and more combat. What do you guys think? It may be a bit different from the other Metroid Primes...but I have a feeling it'll be a great game...possibly even better.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Hell of a game! So far two things impress me most.

1. Just how well the controls seem to work. Yes, turning seems a shade slower than the traditional controls, but it still looks so much more fluid and precise than before.

2. The detail in the enemies is where the game really shines over it's predecessors.

oh yeah and 3 for the command visor controlling her ship. You can call in Bombing runs. FANTASTIC!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

BenKenobi88 said:

These videos are higher quality than usual...and I'm sure it'll look great on a normal TV.

From the preview, it sounds like this Metroid definitely has less backtracking and more combat. What do you guys think? It may be a bit different from the other Metroid Primes...but I have a feeling it'll be a great game...possibly even better.

To me it looks great, as if some cosmic balance between action and exploration has been achieved. It wouldn't have worked in the Cube games because of the controls, but the preview vids make aiming look so smooth that you can have a lot more action without it feeling like too much. I am curious about just how many items and upgrades there will be for you to find, and how many times you'll need to backtrack to other planets.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Whoamg, so Ice Missiles confirmed? Not sure why they went the Metroid 4 route, but I'm sure they have a reason...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

That comparison video is crazy. I love my Wii, but I never thought games could look that much better on Wii than on GC. Echoes is one of the best looking games on GC in my opinion.

More importantly the gameplay looks really fun.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
stof said:
BenKenobi88 said:

To me it looks great, as if some cosmic balance between action and exploration has been achieved. It wouldn't have worked in the Cube games because of the controls, but the preview vids make aiming look so smooth that you can have a lot more action without it feeling like too much. I am curious about just how many items and upgrades there will be for you to find, and how many times you'll need to backtrack to other planets.

I'm with you two.  Although it looks different, I'm really starting to feel like this may be one of my favorite games of all time.

Virtual orgasm here!!

Thanks, Ben!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

damn. I want it now. RIGHT NOW!!!

i was a fan of back tracking........ but i really wouldn't want to mesmerize those three worlds so less back tracking seems like a good idea.

It doesn't come out in Australia until November 8th....

/AM CRY

Fuck it, i'm buying a mod chip and importing I need this game.