By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - It looks like the PS3 and Xbox 360 basically sold the same amount in 2008

The X360 sold 1 million more units than the PS3 in 2008 just like I predicted in January last year.

Around the Network

lol here come the "shipped excuses". no one was moaning about anything when microsoft said they shipped 28 million but as soon as sony say 21.5 million shipped, people start going crazy! oh no there 5 million on shelves. this site name should be changed to vgxbox.

@slimebeast

boo!

I bet your dog predicted that

dogs intelligence >>>> human intelligence!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Thats good news to hear although it shipped #'s wonder if we'll C an adjustment to ps3 #s doubt it though

Play Me

Those PS2 and PSP numbers are mixed with the production shipment guys. Here are the real shipment numbers:

CY Q4 Shipments (LTD):

NDS: 11.89m (96.22m)
WII: 10.41m (44.96m)
360: 6.0m (28.5m)
PSP: 5.08m (49.6m)
PS3: 4.46m (21.30m)
PS2: 2.52m (136.3m)

Around the Network

actually the 360 did slightly outsell the PS3...........ur just bumping up the number.

EIther way, its cause january to september the PS3 was outselling 360. FOr 360 to edge it out in 4 months is pretty great.........and will only continue in 09.

Mummelmann said:
So there are 8 million PSP's and 14 million PS2's sitting on shelves? Sounds... impossible.

I haven't followed the PS2 closely, but I'm guessing there are some "accounting" factors here. Perhaps Sony counts replacement units in their shipments, after all they did change their hardware accounting method a while ago (from factory shipments to warehouse-retailer shipments).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

seece said:

Yeah sold to retailors.

A lot more PS3's sitting on the shelves than Xbox 360's

So yes the gap is widening.

Sony fanboys are going to clinch on to this for dear life, however when Microsoft and Sony announce shipped figures for Jan - March expect 360 > PS3 by a wide margin. The fact of the matter Sony stuffed the channel and no more retailors are going to buy PS3's when they're hardly flying off the shelves.

Its not a conspiracy before you start spouting that shit either. The 360 is simply flooring the PS3. End of.

EDIT - Oh and if the PS3 is undertracked so is the 360 ...

http://ps3.qj.net/Xbox-360-leads-over-PS3-by-8-million-Microsoft-expects-PS3-price-cut-soon/pg/49/aid/127764

Seen as its been stated by Microsoft they have an 8 million unit lead.

But neither have been undertracked.

This

Mummelmann said:
So there are 8 million PSP's and 14 million PS2's sitting on shelves? Sounds... impossible.

well going off official shipment figures that does seem impossible to be that many on shelfs. that many ps3s also might i add. id say half of that shipment excess on ps3 is sold..........and 8mil psp and 14mil ps2 is somewhat bizzare.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...