By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - It looks like the PS3 and Xbox 360 basically sold the same amount in 2008

PSP is about 20% undertracked

that's odd

Around the Network

I had a feeling I mean PS3 was consistently outselling the X360 for the majority of the year but had a nice Holiday season.....So i guess this means the lead is still 5/6M

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

How Is the gap not widening????

360 had a 6.5 million lead when PS3 launched
that lead shrunk to almost 5 mllion by Aug Sept 08
and is now close to 8 million for the 360

Obviously the prie drop helped the 360 and maybe a price drop for the PS3 will stimulate sales for Sony.

Still a $300.00 PS3 would be as expensive as the PS2 and PS1 at launch and it may take another year till they can get to the $200.00 price point and start selling like hot cakes.

the kicker is first and second party support and with all the multi plats they should be fine.

of course if your talking shipped for 2008 and not the margin of lead in actual sale keep stroking that.

go to any store and count the ps3 in stock BB has over 100 in stock in one store still that what people said when MS channel stuffed with vista a couple years ago.

ShadowSoldier said:
I had a feeling I mean PS3 was consistently outselling the X360 for the majority of the year but had a nice Holiday season.....So i guess this means the lead is still 5/6M

Uhh, just no.

Around the Network

So there are 8 million PSP's and 14 million PS2's sitting on shelves? Sounds... impossible.

Mummelmann said:
So there are 8 million PSP's and 14 million PS2's sitting on shelves? Sounds... impossible.

yeah thats insane...

hehe, maybe they sold in China or Latin America?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Mummelmann said:

yeah thats insane...

hehe, maybe they sold in China or Latin America?

not likely, they are low numbers on retailers in my country, sony actually start selling the ps3 on my country now.

big retailers have a much 3-4 for sell for each store.

Could be that big parts of the "Other" region is unaccounted for or poorly tracked. Its quite hard to track here in Europe as well, especially the Eastern regions (which happen to be the biggest buyers of last gen hardware in percentage taking into account population size).

seece said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Uhh, just no.

I know I dont get his "maths" either

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey