By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Is Undertracked?(Sony shipments out)

skilllz said:

@topic

didnt sony told us that there were selling 50 mil ps2 in us ... so check npd numbers (43.3)

npd quartal numbers for ps3 in the us is 1.3 mil plus 0.4 in japan ... and now what ??? 2.9 in europe ??? NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR sony just tryin to fix there numbers

NPD doesn't track all the stores in US,,so your logic is flawed

Around the Network

^^^USA=/= World Wide.

PS3 lunched in some new countries not so long ago.we have no idea how they are doing there.or africa or india or Middle east or.....

you see my point?

that's why the PS3 price cut is all over the place, cause there are 2 million PS3's on the shelves :)

^^^conspiracy?

who said it's a conspiracy?

vgchartz adjusts their numbers all the time.

I m saying there are lots of region where we don't have any data for.

that's all.

Lol not covered Middle East, Africa, South America. Third world countries that have little or no impact on sales. So Spartan expects 1 million PS3 console sales to be unaccounted for in third world countries?
I do not know how you get your 21.3 million shipped figure it does not add up?
20.5 million shipped sounds more believable and would be in line with VGChartz and most sales tracker sites.

Around the Network

Even with lower than expected sales, 2 million is an awful lot to have on store shelves. I believe the average sold to shipping discrepency is about a million. At face value, there definitely appears to be at least some undertracking. However, it's almost certainly not enough that it should be getting the attention that it probably will and it will definitely get corrected by the next fiscal results if it exists.

Well, VGC overtracked the Wii and DS.... by about a million each. Not like it's impossible that we were a little off on the PS3, too.

numonex said:
Lol not covered Middle East, Africa, South America. Third world countries that have little or no impact on sales. So Spartan expects 1 million PS3 console sales to be unaccounted for in third world countries?
I do not know how you get your 21.3 million shipped figure it does not add up?
20.5 million shipped sounds more believable and would be in line with VGChartz and most sales tracker sites.

from sony?

they said they ahve shipped 21.3 million PS3s

That's hard to say at this point. Since PS3 sales were down YOY, it seems plausible that retail have taken a little too much stock in (depends on how much in advance they need to make their orders). But, we'll see it once Q4 shipments are announced.

@Skillz: Wasn't the shipment figures for Americas, not US?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

@ numonex )

FY 2006 shipments = 3.57
FY 2007 = 9.24
FY 2008 Q1-3 = 8.45
-------------
total: 21.26

It adds up nicely