By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Is Undertracked?(Sony shipments out)

SpartanFX said:

Sony announced that they have shipped 4.46 million consoles for Q3(end of December)

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSTKX00417420090129

16.84+4.46=21.30 million LTD

We have PS3 at 19.26 sold to customers by the end of december

(

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii®1=All&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=X360®3=All&start=38683&end=39810&weekly=1   )

which means  more than 2 million console are on the shelves which does not seem right.

For comparison: we have X360 700 K lower than shipped number(27.3 sold Vs. 28 shipped)

LOL...maybe...but wouldn't sony have released something when they crossed 20 million shipped?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
gundamx said:
yeh like norm vg chartz has under tracked sony

Diomedes, is that you?

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Let us forget the PS3 for a while and discuss the possibility of 12 million PS2's on retail shelves. (VGchartz has it at 124, Sony shipped 136). THAT is what I'd call undertracked.

TacoBoy49 said:
VGC numbers have over whelmingly been confirmed by everyone including NPD, media crate.and everyone else. If anything its over tracked by Sony's padded numbers of ghost sales

LoL at people who belive VGChartz numbers are accurate for regions other than tracked by NPD or Media Create.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
TacoBoy49 said:
VGC numbers have over whelmingly been confirmed by everyone including NPD, media crate.and everyone else. If anything its over tracked by Sony's padded numbers of ghost sales

LoL at people who belive VGChartz numbers are accurate for regions other than tracked by NPD or Media Create.

the thing about vgchartz is that it can and will adjust its numbers to be accurate if by any means it is wrong.

Around the Network

I'm confused, sony jsut posted one of the worst quarters in company history, and people are nitpicking VGC about this old undertracked arguement...evidently they aren't TOO OFF, gaming posted a $4 million profit...HULLO...they sold HOW many ps2 (heavy profit maker), psp, and ps3??? And they made How much from software? I'm not sure, but until I see something official from sony, I'll take the VGC numbers as being in the ballpark.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I cant remember where so it doesn't hold much weight but i seem to recall that this site was under tracking the PS3 by about a mill

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

The reason there are 2 million PS3's on the shelves is because compared to the 360 nobody bought one over the christmas holiday. Hardly a surprise is it?

for every 1 360 a shop has in stock they have 3 PS3's ... doesn't sound so far fetched does it?

fulcizombie said:
SpartanFX said:

Sony announced that they have shipped 4.46 million consoles for Q3(end of December)

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSTKX00417420090129

16.84+4.46=21.30 million LTD

We have PS3 at 19.26 sold to customers by the end of december

(

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=38683&end=39810&weekly=1   )

which means  more than 2 million console are on the shelves which does not seem right.

For comparison: we have X360 700 K lower than shipped number(27.3 sold Vs. 28 shipped)

MS announced 28.5 million shipped and from the stats that we have (NPD for NA, famitsu/MC for Japan, charttrack for europe ) the ps3 is OVERTRACKED but whatever makes you sleep better at night .

no,,,why would they?what's special about 20 mln WW?

hum wierd