By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts unscrews only 140K (U.S.)

Damn, it's sad to see how insignificant Banjo-Kazooie has become. I guess the long wait between sequels made everyone forget about the bird and bear duo.

Around the Network
wfz said:
noname2200 said:
Groucho said:
Rare's last truly great game was Starfox Adventures, IMO. All downhill since then.

I would not be surprised if MS decided to close its doors soon.

Heh. I cut them off before that, around Banjo-Twooie (an above-average, but not great, game). I liked the original Viva Pinata, but that's about all that I've enjoyed from Rare in the past decade or so. Which makes me sad...

Wow Groucho, you like SFA? I thought I was the only one... >_>

Noname, even if you don't absolutely love Banjo-Tooie so much, can't you at least spell it's title correctly? :P

SFA was one of my favorite GC games.  I have a lot of great GC games.  Backwards compatibility, and the super low power requirements, are the main reasons I replaced my GC with a Wii.  That's also one of the reasons I'm not too excited about the rerelease thing Nintendo has going.  Although I think all those folks who didn't enjoy the GC (as I did) will appreciate it.

Cypher1980 said:
I loved the original Banjo and Kazooie.

Lord alone knows why they decided to screw with a winning formula.
The game is soooo boring.

Same here... I couldn't make it throught the goddamn demo...

i miss the good old rare from the Snes and N64 era. Those were really good times

wfz said:
noname2200 said:
Groucho said:

Heh. I cut them off before that, around Banjo-Twooie (an above-average, but not great, game). I liked the original Viva Pinata, but that's about all that I've enjoyed from Rare in the past decade or so. Which makes me sad...

Noname, even if you don't absolutely love Banjo-Tooie so much, can't you at least spell it's title correctly? :P

Never! I shall take the pun even further than Rare. That's how committed I am!

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Groucho said:
Rare's last truly great game was Starfox Adventures, IMO. All downhill since then.

Not a Conker man, then?

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:
Groucho said:

Not a Conker man, then?

I found it a funny, but not all that fun, game. I found myself rushing through it just to get to the next cutscene/joke, and the fact that you can "jump" straight to certain sections meant I was never tempted to replay it in full ever again.

Shame. Had some damn good multiplayer, back in the day.

And it did the Matrix and D-Day sequences before that sort of thing was so commonplace.

Man, that game was funny.

noname2200 said:

I found it a funny, but not all that fun, game. I found myself rushing through it just to get to the next cutscene/joke, and the fact that you can "jump" straight to certain sections meant I was never tempted to replay it in full ever again.

Lies!

Did you play the XBOX version or the 64 version?

BrainBoxLtd said:
noname2200 said:

Lies!

Did you play the XBOX version or the 64 version?

N64.