By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts unscrews only 140K (U.S.)

Rare did the whole new Avatar system for the 360...you know the NXE upgrade...

They also did Viva Pinata which is solid.

As far as I didn't like some things about Banjo (open world missions, sandbox elements) I appreciate that they tried something different. Hopefully they get over their "lets try somethign different" phase soon and start making tried tested and true rare games. Starting with Killer Instinct...or Battletoads.

Around the Network

Battletoads...now that´s a game I wish it´d return.

Or not....or else I´ll have a few broken controllers again :/

Wow, I had thought those numbers were for december. That's really rough for rare.

JGarret said:

Battletoads...now that´s a game I wish it´d return.

Or not....or else I´ll have a few broken controllers again :/

haha...well I don't see it being any harder than Alien Homonid on the 360. Just more fun...Castle Crashers is getting rave reviews because it is battle toads brough to this generation of gamers.

So big brand name, 1st party game Banjo Kazooie got massively outsold by 3rd party new IP De Blob?? Surprised.

No that De Blob had terribly impressive sales either.

I understand why MS bought Rare but enough is enough. It's clear Rare's games are not adding anything to MSs bottom line. Sell them back to Nintendo, spin them off or close them down. Sorry Rare. Nothing personal.

Around the Network

Viva Pinata was probably the best product Rare put out, and sadly the sequel is more of the same rather then more innovation. But I guess that's to be expected from a profit stand point.

It's just that simple.

yeah Rare has gone down hill...there was a thread talking about how Rare hasn't really done anything great since the N64 days

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

With M$ cutting studios, I would not be that surprised for them to at least downsize it after this, I think it has been in development for a while, so it could have been quite expensive and with

When they make a game that captures me as long as Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, or Goldeneye 007 did then I'll say they're on par with what they used to be. For now, not quite. Nuts & Bolts is a pretty good game so far, so who knows.

If the game came out in June I would be like "Damn That Sucks" but it didn't, it came out on Nov 12th,

not to mention it had little marketing, if any at all.

The game is great, and for $39.99 you can't go wrong.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o