By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's Talk About Zelda Games in the Zelda Mega Thread

Huh. I thought it was critical reception that was the problem. Shows me, then.

Around the Network

No, you're right. Still, if the game had been the best selling Zelda ever I don't think anyone would have cared that much.

Probably true, but combined Twilight Princess is fairly close, now.

I imagine that it has more to do with wanting to break Ocarina of Time's stranglehold on the legacy of the series in the eyes of the public. Considering how well Phantom Hourglass did and how much better Aonuma's games tend to be when he has free reign, I expect him to be as creative as possible for the next outing.

The idea excited me.

Well, I hope you're right.

I can't wait for a new zelda.

Around the Network
Elite1 said:
vess13 said:
the new skip puzzle option Nintendo made will make the most epic Zelda in the world(oh and little kids will also enjoy it). I'm guessing they made it(the patent thingy) was especially for Zelda which probably means new Zelda 2009-2011.

If that patent actually was for Zelda...I'm worried Ninty is taking the wrong direction with the series. By that I mean they should not be trying to make the game easier when it already is TOO easy. They need to keep it interesting for hardcore fans who have played all the Zelda games. At least they could add a difficulty level that way newcomers won't have a problem and hardcore fans can have a challenge and enjoy the game as well.

thats what the skippable thingy is. same hardcore level for all, but with skippability.

I was wondering if it would be worth it to go through the second time on the first LoZ. Is it more difficult or is everything just moved around? I was also wondering about Master Quest and what the differences are on that game as opposed to Ocarina.

LNRT said:
I was wondering if it would be worth it to go through the second time on the first LoZ. Is it more difficult or is everything just moved around? I was also wondering about Master Quest and what the differences are on that game as opposed to Ocarina.

I can't really comment on the second quest in the first game, but Master Quest is considerably harder in terms of puzzles than the original. A lot of people will say this is better, but it's not: the reason these puzzles weren't used the first time is that they are "second choice" material, every one of them, and they odn't mesh together well nearly as logically as the game's default. It's still worth it, as the game is very different, but prepare to be... confused.

Master quest is worth a play just to see all the cows in Jabu Jabu's stomach.

CIHYFS?

BCrayfish said:
Master quest is worth a play just to see all the cows in Jabu Jabu's stomach.

I will have to play it now.