By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will SONY follow?

""""""I was refering to next-gen platforms. This thread is about X and PS3 you know. I don't count Wii, tamagotchi and other stuff... It's easy. Really."""""

==> ROFL kber81 ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Also... how is sony selling five thousand more "owning" when sony is 2 million behind?

"Owning" is that taken at current market trends it will take you 400 weeks to catch up?

Yep, PS3 will really own the market... in 7 and a half years.

TalonMan --> Agreed

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

kber81 said:
TalonMan said:

Ah - the 'duck & cover' tactic , I love that!!! When proven wrong, quickly change the subject and hope nobody notices...

...just so you know, this is considered 'trolling' - you are intentionally trying to provoke attention for yourself (and away from the debate) by turning this into a 'Wii bashing' thread - not good. Do everyone a favor, when you're proven wrong, accept the reality and move on.

Are you kidding? He clearly was refering to X360 in his post. So do I ! I've  add an extra wii bashing line only because of him and his listening. This is duck & cover... or maybe Europe = UK, France, Germany...C'mon. I'm not the one who is wrong.

I think someone doesnt understand what major markets are. Yes, we can also count portugal or even Poland for that matter. Now are these markets as important as the three major European markets? No way. Now I am too lazy to do this right now, but please add up the numbers of England, France and Germany and then divide them by numbers from "all of europe". then you will see what some guys are talking about.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

kber81 said:
FishyJoe said:

Explain this:

I was refering to next-gen platforms. This thread is about X and PS3 you know. I don't count Wii, tamagotchi and other stuff... It's easy. Really.

Edit:

Also you were refering to X and PS3 in your post too. That's the reason why you've mention these countries... 

No, you're referring to 'Current Gen' systems. Next gen will be PS4, X720, Wii2. Next gen refers to the generation that has not come out yet. PS3 X360 and Wii are out now, are the most current, and are therefore all Current Gen.

And this crap by people like you bashing Wii is beyond old. Saying that Wii is not 'next gen' or 'current gen' is just stupid. Wii is just as current as any of the other systems, they just went a different route. I guess if you want to say that Wii's graphics are 'last gen', I could just say that X360 and PS3 have 'last gen' controls (but I don't believe that because I'm not a blind fanboy). All of the current systems have their own merits. I own a Wii and a PC for gaming, but I would like to get an X360 or PS3 eventually for the types of games they have.

So since we've destroyed your pathetic argument that Wii isn't 'next gen', I guess the Wii owns Europe... by a long shot.

And I think calling the Wii 'last gen' only makes the 'next gen' (as you call them) systems' sales look even worse, as they are (in your world) being beaten by a crappy, lousy, stoopid, poopy graphics, last-gen system.

Around the Network

Sony will wait and see what happens to 360 sales and concider a price cut if they get their butts kicked.

the thread is about price cut on Xbox360 and about Sony decision to fllow or not with a price cut on the PS3

And yes I think Sony own Europe but compared to Microsoft

Time to Work !

hum is it me or it's actually XB 360 owning the EU current gen in home market right now :P ??? 3,309,265

Sony doesnt need to lower the price in Europa it would increase sales but they dont need to.They also dont want to appear desperate its only been out 4months so if they do cut the price it will either be before Christmas by €100 or before MGS4 releases and be €100-200.In the UK it will be £50-100 so the new prices after the price cut would be:
Before Christmas price cuts:
EU:€599=>€499
UK:£399=>£349
After Christmas price cuts:
EU:€599=>€399
UK:£399=>£299(same price as X360Elite)

For Reference:
£100=€147

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

hum the £ is fixed with the € like most non € countries or you are still being on your own all the way ????
sorry I haven't followed the evolution of Europe lately
(damn Brits :P )

for reference 100€=134.76$ on todays market