Seven things Nintendo can teach Microsoft and Sony:

1. How to make money
2. How to make money
3. How to make money
4. How to make money
5. How to make money
6. How to make money
7. How to make money

Microsoft makes more money then Nintendo, maybe Nintendo should learn from Sony how to make good games.

Considering Nintendo's games have spanked the revenues of the entire industry, I think you're really grasping here. 

If anything, Sony has "borrowed' almost everything it does in games from Nintendo.

In what ways are games like God of War and Gran Turismo "borrowing" from Nintendo? Incorporating a disk? I thought Sony started that, and Nintendo rejected it. What about having a multimedia interface? Nope....Nintendo doesn't even have DVDs yet.

So how has Sony "borrowed" everything from Nintendo? The only thing Nintendo does is put out a new Mario every generation

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Shanobi said:
Griffin said:
Nebnosneh said:
Seven things Nintendo can teach Microsoft and Sony:

1. How to make money
2. How to make money
3. How to make money
4. How to make money
5. How to make money
6. How to make money
7. How to make money

Microsoft makes more money then Nintendo, maybe Nintendo should learn from Sony how to make good games.

Considering Nintendo's games have spanked the revenues of the entire industry, I think you're really grasping here. 

If anything, Sony has "borrowed' almost everything it does in games from Nintendo.

In what ways are games like God of War and Gran Turismo "borrowing" from Nintendo? Incorporating a disk? I thought Sony started that, and Nintendo rejected it. What about having a multimedia interface? Nope....Nintendo doesn't even have DVDs yet.

So how has Sony "borrowed" everything from Nintendo? The only thing Nintendo does is put out a new Mario every generation

Here's an example

5th Gen:

Nintendo:

Sony:

Sony - "HOLD ON GUIZ"

Sony:

See anything copied?

bdbdbd said:
Oh. We had again a list "how to fuck things up". I'm really interested in seeing what the Nintendo 8 will be.

@Snake: You're not building your arguments on very solid basis...

the nintendo article is posted already

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=58448

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

releasing console year earlier means that X360 will die 1 year earlier than Sony and N consoles.

brazylianwisnia said:
releasing console year earlier means that X360 will die 1 year earlier than Sony and N consoles.

Not necessarly. The Sega Genesis was released in 1988 and Sega ceased production in 2002 while the Super Nintendo was released in 1990 and Nintendo ceased production in 1999.

Around the Network

Since i commented the Nintendo list, i think i should comment this as well.

1. Let's start with the web browser.
Although XBL is somewhat standardized, it's something you have to pay for (although a great stream of revenue) and it still requires logging in, so that the experience isn't really seamless.
What really is the best online feature, is WiiConnect24.

2. I don't know about the interaction, but that's what Nintendos PR has done for years, it's just that nobody cares to listen.

3. Why?

4. Not bad at all, after the service is seen outside US. Nintendo has the TV channel and Fuji photo channel in Japan and PS3 has the Play TV (UK only?), so i guess that's not so awesome in comparision.

5. That's the way to go. Picking up one "relatively useless" feature in an update without naming anything on 360. You don't need a steady stream of firmware updates if the firmware isn't fucked up to begin with. Nintendos updates have been mostly channels and new menu feature, faster transfer to/from SD, clock to Wii Menu, adding the AOSS support. Some are quite relevant updates. PS3 has had a number of useful updates just aswell.

6. Or then just sell more of your consoles and make porting expensive. And all you have is exclusives.

7. And let the competition have the time to copy the features that edge your system from competition.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Snake said:

Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda... Its pretty damn easy to make 2 good games and than just upgrade the graphics and characters just like Nintendo is doing. Sony and Microsoft are at least trying to make new characters and new stories. If Sony worked 20 years on Medievil just like Nintendo worked 20 years on Mario, Medievil games would be pure 10 today. Like i said its pretty easy to make 1 or 2 characters and than upgrading them step by step for 20 years. Any company can do that

You're right. Nintendo NEVER creates new IPs. It's all Mario and Zelda. That's why the biggest Nintendo games over the past five years have been Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Nintendogs, and Brain Age.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

1. Rubbish. M$ should implement friend codes. That would be awesome.

2. The community doesn't care about upcoming events and online contests and such.

3. Price cuts failed M$, they only increased European sales by %100 for the past 3 months.  There should be more of an increase.

4. Nobody uses Netflix on XBox, only about 2 of my friends are watching a Netflix movie at any given time(heres talking to you PBRoy).

5. Nobody cares about the 2 yearly updates that you do. Adding NXE, hard drive installs, additional supported resolutions, friends functionality increases, XNA, etc. And now, after NXE, you will be able to add more of these worthless features more frequently than before.

6. 360 owners could care less about Tekken, FF, DMC, or any of the others that you brought to your system. PC/360 games are never purchased by 360 owners because all you need is an average pc in order to get a better experience from the games.

7. I am sure developers do not take into account the console's current userbase size when making decisions on where to develop games. The extra time you had to build userbase is irrelevant to us gamers.

Sullla said:
Snake said:

Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda... Its pretty damn easy to make 2 good games and than just upgrade the graphics and characters just like Nintendo is doing. Sony and Microsoft are at least trying to make new characters and new stories. If Sony worked 20 years on Medievil just like Nintendo worked 20 years on Mario, Medievil games would be pure 10 today. Like i said its pretty easy to make 1 or 2 characters and than upgrading them step by step for 20 years. Any company can do that

You're right. Nintendo NEVER creates new IPs. It's all Mario and Zelda. That's why the biggest Nintendo games over the past five years have been Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Nintendogs, and Brain Age.

What? Thats stupid. You cant count a game which is sold together with console. Wii sports is together with wii in the box.And which character did you find the best in wii sports?  Wii fit is not a game, its a Nintendo's way to beat its gaming competitors without actuall games.

If sony and nintendo learned something from M$, they'd be making the biggest mistakes of their lives

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!