Seven things Nintendo can teach Microsoft and Sony:

1. How to make money
2. How to make money
3. How to make money
4. How to make money
5. How to make money
6. How to make money
7. How to make money

Microsoft makes more money then Nintendo, maybe Nintendo should learn from Sony how to make good games.

Mmmm....

Top 3 Nintendo Games & Average Review Score based on Gamerankings.com:

Super Mario Galaxy - 97.262%

Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess - 94.389%

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 93.024%

Top 3 Sony Games & Average Review Score based on Gamerankings.com:

LittleBigPlanet - 94.524%

Uncharted - 89.768%

Ratchet&Clank Future - 88.809%

Seems to me that Nintendo has and will always be superior in game quality.. 8D

Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda... Its pretty damn easy to make 2 good games and than just upgrade the graphics and characters just like Nintendo is doing. Sony and Microsoft are at least trying to make new characters and new stories. If Sony worked 20 years on Medievil just like Nintendo worked 20 years on Mario, Medievil games would be pure 10 today. Like i said its pretty easy to make 1 or 2 characters and than upgrading them step by step for 20 years. Any company can do that

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:

Welcome to part two of our three-part series (Here are six of Sony’s advantages, in case you missed them). This time we’ll talk about seven things that give the Xbox 360 an advantage over the PlayStation 3 and the Wii.

1. Build a Feature-Perfect, Unified Online System

By far one of Microsoft’s biggest advantages at the start of this generation was its brilliant online system, Xbox Live. Sony and Nintendo’s systems just couldn’t hold water to the brilliance of Live, with its beautifully integrated friends system and in game dashboard. However, Sony has considerably improved the PlayStation Network to the point where it is has nearly reached the caliber of Xbox Live, but Nintendo’s online system, on the other hand, is still archaic and quite useless.

Sorry, no. I love the Wii's online. It allows me to easily find friends or randoms to verse, and I don't have the hassle of 14 year olds making obscene comments :D

2. Interact With the Community

Another great idea Microsoft had for this generation was a huge amount of direct interaction with the community. Starting off with Major Nelson, expanding to the recently deceased Gamerscore Blog, and finally pushing it directly onto Xbox Live, Microsoft has been the best when it comes to directly talking to its consumers. Sony is getting better with their PlayStation blog, but again, Nintendo fails in this category because even high level journalists have trouble getting the information from Nintendo that Microsoft and Sony freely give to everyone.

You mean things like the Everbody votes channel or the Nintendo channel?

3. Aggressively Price Cut

Microsoft knows that when its console is selling a slowly (the first half of 2008), they need to slash the price (which they did in September). Sony did cut the PS3’s price ferociously (cheapest SKU originally $499, now $399), but they need a cut now: the PS3 isn’t exactly flying off the shelves and a $50 price cut would help alleviate that problem. Nintendo, on the other hand, hasn’t moved its price down a cent, mostly because they haven’t had to. However when if the demand for Wii’s ever slows down, Nintendo needs to be ready to reduce the Wii’s price.

Nintendo is selling consoles as fast as they can possibly make them. Why price cut?

4. Implement Netflix

One of my favorite features of the Xbox 360 is its ability to stream Netflix movies and TV shows in seconds. Sony and Nintendo really need to strike up a deal with Netflix (or Blockbuster) because, in my opinion, this is a huge selling-feature for the 360.

Or the bbc Iplayer?

or this new thing that is extremely similar to netflix but with free content that is starting up on the Wii in Japan?

5. Make Regular, Relevant, and Expansive Software Updates

One of my least favorite parts of the PS3 is Sony’s software updates. Not only do they seem to happen whenever I’m really craving some LittleBigPlanet, but some of them are so trite that you wish you could skip them entirely. For example, the latest PS3 firmware, firmware 2.60, added a photo sorting feature. While the feature is interesting, I really do wonder why Sony took time and resources to develop this when the system clearly needs other enhancements (a Home update, for example). I like Sony’s decision to fix bugs on the fly but I think it should be limited to fixing bugs and glitches, not adding big software updates; Sony should make a regular (2-4 times a year) software update that adds a plethora of features. Not only would this excite the community (look at how people get into a tizzy about the latest 360 software update), but it would also stop the system from rudely interrupting my playing time for a ten minute software update that I probably don’t want.

Nintendo’s software updates have been neither regular, relevant, or expansive so it again loses in this category.

The PS3 has had 3 times as many software updates as the 360. The Wii has had as many as the 360

6. Snatch up exclusives (or Take Them from the Competition)

Without a doubt, the 360 has the best third-party exclusives of each of the three consoles. That’s mostly because Microsoft has been very smart in their pursuit of exclusives. They are very good at realizing a game’s potential and snatching it up as their own before the competition can get to it (for example, Crackdown). Microsoft has also been very good at stealing what were previously PS3 exclusives and making them multi-platform titles (Devil May Cry 4, Final Fantasy XIII). Sony and Nintendo have great first-party lineups but Sony’s third-party exclusives are slim pickings and Nintendo’s are crap.

You mean like Nintendo did from Atari

Or Sony did from Nintendo

Or Nintendo did from Sony again

7. Release Your Console First

Perhaps Microsoft’s smartest move this generation was its decision to beat the competition to market by releasing the Xbox 360 first. The decision gave them a big head start in install base over the competitors (although Nintendo did overcome that obstacle quite fast) and more time to lower the price of the Xbox 360. This head start gave Microsoft a big advantage, especially over Sony

You mean like the Saturn

or the Dreamcast

and it seems like MS copied Sony here, with the 360 copying the PS2

http://secondstorygamer.com/2009/01/microsoft-teach-sony-nintendo/

I know you probably didn't write that, but none of them are good points at all

Snake said:
tehsage said:
Griffin said:
Nebnosneh said:

1. How to make money
2. How to make money
3. How to make money
4. How to make money
5. How to make money
6. How to make money
7. How to make money

Microsoft makes more money then Nintendo, maybe Nintendo should learn from Sony how to make good games.

Mmmm....

Uncharted - 89.768%

Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda, Mario, Zelda... Its pretty damn easy to make 2 good games and than just upgrade the graphics and characters just like Nintendo is doing. Sony and Microsoft are at least trying to make new characters and new stories. If Sony worked 20 years on Medievil just like Nintendo worked 20 years on Mario, Medievil games would be pure 10 today. Like i said its pretty easy to make 1 or 2 characters and than upgrading them step by step for 20 years. Any company can do that

Then why don't they? Zelda & Mario games are what made Nintendo amazing. They have that nostalgic feeling to them and will always satisfy. You don't need new IPs every second because sometimes people like what they have. Sales reflect that people still want Zelda and Mario, ergo, they're going to provide. But, you're right! You don't see Microsoft or Sony using the same games each gen..*cough*halo granturismo ratchet&clank etc*cough*

Oh wait.. 8D

How can you even say these games are bad? Have you played them? What games have Sony and Microsoft produced themselves that are AMAZING?

Where the proof that DMC4 and FF13 were anything to do with MS? It's really Capcom and SquareEnix's decisions. Anyway, I do agree with 1 & 5.

Snake said:
tehsage said:
Griffin said:
Nebnosneh said:

1. How to make money
2. How to make money
3. How to make money
4. How to make money
5. How to make money
6. How to make money
7. How to make money

Mmmm....

Uncharted - 89.768%

Yeah, thats why Sony is doing the same, but in a shorter time spam

Resistance(2006) -> Resistance 2 (2008)

MotoStorm (2007) -> MotoStorm2 (2008)

Uncharted (2007) -> Uncharted 2 (2009)

Rachet & Clank(Since the PS2 era -2007) -> Rachet & Clank (2008??)

God of War 3, Grand Turismo 5, etc, sorry, you can dislike the nintendo games, but thinking that Sony holds the lead on software is just delusional...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
tehsage said:
Snake said:
tehsage said:
Griffin said:
Nebnosneh said:

1. How to make money
2. How to make money
3. How to make money
4. How to make money
5. How to make money
6. How to make money
7. How to make money

Mmmm....

Uncharted - 89.768%

Then why don't they? Zelda & Mario games are what made Nintendo amazing. They have that nostalgic feeling to them and will always satisfy. You don't need new IPs every second because sometimes people like what they have. Sales reflect that people still want Zelda and Mario, ergo, they're going to provide. But, you're right! You don't see Microsoft or Sony using the same games each gen..*cough*halo granturismo ratchet&clank etc*cough*

Oh wait.. 8D

How can you even say these games are bad? Have you played them? What games have Sony and Microsoft produced themselves that are AMAZING?

1.Because Sony is in gaming buisnes for 3 generations and Microsoft for 2.

2.Halo has its 3 games, ratchet and clank has its 5-6 games, gran turismo has its 5 games.

Mario has its 20 or more games. Zelda has its 10 or more games.

3.I am not saying those games are bad, i like Mario  on Game Boy Advance.

4.Little Big Planet? resistance 2? Halo? Gears Of war? God Of War? Gran Turismo?

And from which web site are those results? Gamerankings.com? What the hell is that web site? I bet nobody on this web site has heard of it.

Snake said:
tehsage said:
Snake said:
tehsage said:
Griffin said:
Nebnosneh said:

1. How to make money
2. How to make money
3. How to make money
4. How to make money
5. How to make money
6. How to make money
7. How to make money

Mmmm....

Uncharted - 89.768%

Oh wait.. 8D

1.Because Sony is in gaming buisnes for 3 generations and Microsoft for 2.

2.Halo has its 3 games, ratchet and clank has its 5-6 games, gran turismo has its 5 games.

Mario has its 20 or more games. Zelda has its 10 or more games.

3.I am not saying those games are bad, i like Mario  on Game Boy Advance.

4.Little Big Planet? resistance 2? Halo? Gears Of war? God Of War? Gran Turismo?

And from which web site are those results? Gamerankings.com? What the hell is that web site? I bet nobody on this web site has heard of it.

I'd like to argue that they have.

1. So? That doesn't mean anything. If they were in the game as long as Nintendo they would have still done it.

2. Mario has eight games in the main series while Zelda has nine, I believe. I'm excluding handheld and spinoffs.

3. Good!

4. Metroid? Starfox? Pikmin? Advance Wars? Animal Crossing?

Ratchet & Clank: 8 games in 7 years
Super Mario (main series) and Super Mario Land (handheld series): 11 games in 24 years

Clearly Nintendo is milking its franchises while Sony is not ...

I think the real problem must be that you hate spinoff franchises.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratchet_%26_Clank_(series)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_(series)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

"And from which web site are those results? Gamerankings.com? What the hell is that web site? I bet nobody on this web site has heard of it."

Oh, I see. You were impersonating an ignoramus for teh lulz. Well played, sir. Well played.

[edit:  And on the off chance you're serious, be advised that this forum has had fiercely fought battles over gamerankings vs. metacritic, with gamerankings usually winning AFAIK.  It is extremely well known on this site.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Oh. We had again a list "how to fuck things up". I'm really interested in seeing what the Nintendo 8 will be.

@Snake: You're not building your arguments on very solid basis...

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.