By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You are a FF fan, and you own a Wii...

c0rd said:
Pristine20 said:
c0rd said:
Pristine20 said:
Well, I think if you're a real fan, you'll buy whatever console the game came to. That's what fans do. If you won't, you're just someone who enjoys him some FF not a fan.

For example, I consider myself an FF and SMT fan. I'd have to buy whatever consoles they went to. luckily for me, they've stuck with my favorite line of consoles so far

Blah, no way. I didn't buy a PS1 just for the FF's that came on it, and I'll be damned if those kids introduced by FF7 are considered more "real" fans than me. Most of them haven't even played the older ones...

Oh, and glad to hear that about SMT. There's a console out there you may need to end up purchasing

Hopefully SMT will stick to ps2 but even if Atlus shifts to wii, I'm still in luck because there is a wii in my home as well...I'm just not the "owner" thats why I don't mention it. I hpoe not though because I abhor the wii's controller. Guess I could just buy a classic

Hah, never would have guessed. Love how that Wii sneaks into gamer's homes, even when they don't desire it

The controller honestly isn't that bad - just takes getting used to, like all controllers. It might sound crazy, but after a 6 hour spree of Blue Dragon today, my hands just felt so restricted from the 360 controller... I just felt like I really wanted to... I dunno, WAGGLE! ... Okay, maybe I am just crazy

But seriously, I doubt anyone had an easier time learning the PS controllers, learning control schemes is just like that. Just need a game to ease you in - interested in No More Heroes by any chance? It's great, and oh so cheap...

To be honest, I guess I can't really understand those so against controllers, because whenever I get the hang of whatever controller I'm fine with it. Well, maybe not the huge Xbox controller, that thing was ridiculous.

Well, very true. My little brother always wanted to try the motion controls so my mum gave in thinking she'd use it for wii fit as well.  She never got it after all. I think it was because wii fit was so hard to find so she soon forgot about it.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Eh, um rocket pig... I'm not sure if that was sarcasm at all - it honestly sounds like ignorance though.

Within your content I'll respond that Tales of Symphonia 2 being my refference; doesn't use motion controls at all.

The fact that your left hand and right hand don't have to be in the typical position to control the game (DS3 or Xbox360 controller) that allows you to freely move your left and right to whatever position pleases you.

Anectodal:
I'd say the oddest thing about ToS:Dotnw was reaching my thumb for the (-) button, which was to go into my menu... even that it wasn't as bad as reaching the home button on my DS3 to access the XMB.
/End Anecdote

Either way I'm not sure what you were trying to get at, if it's graphics that your wrapping your judgements around then I'd say definetly stick with your conclusion; that's just me. V_V

@Thread

In my eyes FFCC is still fresh and full of possibilities, while FFXIII will be good, 'polished and complete but the investment may be too high and it will feel like just another FF in it's 'soul'.

That's just what I expect though, kind of like Metal Gear 4 to MG3, they were both good, but not something to write home about. Now MG2 (my first metal gear) had such a coocky story that the two successors just didn't seem to add up.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

rocketpig said:
Khuutra said:
Rocketpig, that's why you have the option of the classic controller.

Or, hell, holding the Wiimote sideways. It's about how complicated "traditional" JRPGs are anyway.

And no, if FFXIII was coming to the Wii, and I only had a Wii, I would not buy an HD console only for that game which was already coming out on my Wii. I find it difficult to imagine the kind of person who would.

I hate the classic controller. Too thin and it doesn't fit my hands well. Even the Wiimote sideways isn't very comfortable IMO. Give me a 360 controller or a DS3 for JRPGs any day of the week over anything the Wii offers.

Well most things that support the classic controller also support the gamecube controller, so Wii kinda offers you any kind of control you'd like.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I would buy a PS3 to play the HD version.

It's easy to say now I own a PS3 but I bought the console knowing FFXIII was being released for the system. Granted there's no sign of a Wii version but even if there was it wouldn't have made any difference. I'd rather they made a Final Fantasy game from the ground up for Wii.

I wouldn't want it for the Wii. I have a Wii & and 360 and I'm sure that if it was ported to the Wii it would be an inferior version.

Around the Network

A)

I dont have an HD-Television and hence BluRay doesnt do anything for me.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I know this sounds strange, but I would do A and B, because I know the wii version would be different.

Its kind of strange, some years ago all we wanted was fotorealistic graphics, gameplay was fine as it was. Now we actually have those "fotorealistic graphics" but changed the name we give them. Now they are called "HD graphics" and some say this, as it is something bad. Also another note, the differences between PS3/X360 and the Wii are not only in graphics (i am not talking about the controls) or if you have an HDTV or not. Please do not live in illusions.

FFXIII on the Wii would be something really really bad for the game...

Acevil said:
I know this sounds strange, but I would do A and B, because I know the wii version would be different.

You sir, are a true FF fan.  I salute you.